Tough Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello so many of you probably know my story the trouble that I have had with my trucks tranny problem any ways won't go into details on that however, I live in California and was wondering what my consumer rights are. I paid a transmission guy to fix my problem have taken it back to him this will be the 3rd time and his tech can find nothing wrong. I have had 2 other mechanics tell me it is definitly a transmission problem. I have left it with him for a week tomorrow and he has basically told me and my wife it is not his problem that we have to get a rental car for me to go to work, now I know the obviouse is to sock him in his grill and call it a day but does anyone know my leagal rights or if I can get my money back or what there is I can do short of sueing him in small claims thanks.

Hello so many of you probably know my story the trouble that I have had with my trucks tranny problem any ways won't go into details on that however, I live in California and was wondering what my consumer rights are. I paid a transmission guy to fix my problem have taken it back to him this will be the 3rd time and his tech can find nothing wrong. I have had 2 other mechanics tell me it is definitly a transmission problem. I have left it with him for a week tomorrow and he has basically told me and my wife it is not his problem that we have to get a rental car for me to go to work, now I know the obviouse is to sock him in his grill and call it a day but does anyone know my leagal rights or if I can get my money back or what there is I can do short of sueing him in small claims thanks.

Pretty much have to take it to a dealership or qualified Toyota shop for a repair. I thought it was an EGR issue? Heck take it to Yotamasters?? 1336 w. Sixth St, Corona CA 92882

Pay for it to be fixed right and then file in small claims for expenses and loss of use, etc.

Last edited:
Pretty much have to take it to a dealership or qualified Toyota shop for a repair. I thought it was an EGR issue? Heck take it to Yotamasters?? 1336 w. Sixth St, Corona CA 92882

Pay for it to be fixed right and then file in small claims for expenses and loss of use, etc.

X2 man!

Find a shop worth trusting, and get the job done right, then come back and use the consumer protection laws to your advantage.

Yotamasters has a good rep - and that's how to operate. Don't go to the local-yokel shop just because they're close by, go to the places that get recommendations through the Toyota community, because they've earned it, and they have a rep to uphold.

Since switching wholly to Toyotas, I've yet to be dissatisfied with the work from the two TLCA-associated shops in my area, because they take their customers and products serious.

Thanks for the info I guess it may be worth the drive to corona to get it done right all these a**holes around here think they know what they are doin and tired of all the lame excuses. Thanks again for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom