Tough clutches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The day has finally come when running 35s in 4x4, off road, in boost the clutch is s***ting itself ,
Looking for brands of after market clutches that people have used and found to be good and take a beating
Its to suit h151 box
In the h55 the diesel clutches are ment to be rated to take more Than h55 petrol clutch
Is this the same with the h151 box can the diesel clutches from a turbo diesel cruiser be used or just go aftermarket clutch

when the time comes to replace my clutch its either going to be between the 4terrain or the exedy safari tough.
I think I can buy the safari in Canada. The 4terrain is freaking expensive.

Clint I went with what the comp guys are using for the most part - 4 terrain, it is a very smooth clutch, takes 15 pounds boost with no probs, light pedal and very nice to use. You are in oz so you dont have to pay for the crazy shipping like i did!

im using the 4 terrain clutch at the moment.

Its been great, but slips from time to time on my car.

I could slip the factory clutch easily, and it was cracked, bent, and had broken springs in it when I took it out. Not good for a turbo truck.

Zoltan, is is from being dirty and wet in comps? Or just traction and power?

so good reports from a few tough trucks fellas
I'll do some looking around for these 4 terrain clutches,
$350 seems good i thought I was up for double that for a good clutch ,

The boost is only very low atm , so I'll need one to handle a few more ponys when I get boost happy ,

Zoltan , were abouts did you get your clutch from? Local in Perth ?

I carry the Exedy clutches and they are proving to be very good for hook-up and durability.

Call Roodogs in Melbourne and talk to Neil - let him know that you were talking to me.

~John

Zoltan , were abouts did you get your clutch from? Local in Perth ?

yeah mate in perth. Got it from Perth 4x4 in balcatta

Zoltan, is is from being dirty and wet in comps? Or just traction and power?

It slips almost every time if i power on too hard after changing gear on the road/hard surfaces. 40" sticky tires and lots of torque im not surprised. The brand new stock clutch wouldn't hold when i was on 37's

Hi All:

So John, how much in Cdn. $ are we talking for the Exedy clutch parts to suite a FJ40?

Thanks!

Alan

I carry the Exedy clutches and they are proving to be very good for hook-up and durability.

Call Roodogs in Melbourne and talk to Neil - let him know that you were talking to me.

~John

Ive been doing research on the 4 terrain and excedy clutchs and for the H150/h151 series box cruisers they are selling between the $590-$740 mark and the same clutchs to suit the h55 there are around half the price
Is the h55 clutch smaller or something
That 60 video looks crazy, what is in it

What is the problem that you have to change your clutch cover and disc??? Slippage????:confused: My 75 is having the slippage problem. Any remedy???

What is the problem that you have to change your clutch cover and disc??? Slippage????:confused: My 75 is having the slippage problem. Any remedy???

After adding 35s I didn't have any dramas but since the turbo is on with more power and torque, under heavy load like boggy sand or high rpm conditions it starts slipping
No problems with slipping on road as i just tonk the 79 around as if it has a 1hz under the hood
:D

Wong maybe a new clutch for you , the 1hz clutches seem to hold up good with non turbo motor.

Edit I just remembered your running a 1hdt in your rig, what gearbox are you using

After adding 35s I didn't have any dramas but since the turbo is on with more power and torque, under heavy load like boggy sand or high rpm conditions it starts slipping
No problems with slipping on road as i just tonk the 79 around as if it has a 1hz under the hood
:D

Wong maybe a new clutch for you , the 1hz clutches seem to hold up good with non turbo motor.

Edit I just remembered your running a 1hdt in your rig, what gearbox are you using

H55F:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom