Touch up for 99 series plastic exterior (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there anyone know what kind or color touch up paint I can get for my plastic trim? Haven’t had any luck searching
IMG_4654.jpeg

If you can't find an OEM color, just go to a parts store and get some various matching gray/silver spray paints and sand the flare and apply. You will have to remove the flare and spray it with color and then clear, to get it to look nice.

If you can't find an OEM color, just go to a parts store and get some various matching gray/silver spray paints and sand the flare and apply. You will have to remove the flare and spray it with color and then clear, to get it to look nice.
Thank you! I ordered duplicolor BGM-0490 Pewter Metallic, because it’s supposed to be a grey/gold. Any tips for removing the flare? I see many here choose to leave them off completely. Planning to remove and repaint the front bumper too

Personally, I would mask it off and any over-spray can be removed with a cotton bud and some thinners or touched up with a black marker

@lclcb99 - Any tips for removing the flare?

If it's like most Toyotas, the flare clips will shatter when you pry them off. Be sure you can buy new clips before you start. If you're super diligent, you can mask and shoot on the vehicle, but you more control and a better prep situation by removing it. How do you have a 100 series with OEM flares? Non-US?

@lclcb99 - Any tips for removing the flare?

If it's like most Toyotas, the flare clips will shatter when you pry them off. Be sure you can buy new clips before you start. If you're super diligent, you can mask and shoot on the vehicle, but you more control and a better prep situation by removing it. How do you have a 100 series with OEM flares? Non-US?
Hey maybe I am thinking of the wrong part I thought the flares were the extra plastic “eyebrows” on the body above the tires. I see some have removed those and it gives the truck a more modern look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom