TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@JohnVee so true.

One idea I always think about when a cashier spins an item 10 different ways to find the bar code is, why not have the bar code hidden on every side or hidden in the label. Problem solved and time saved.

Also ready for the scanner that can read every item in the cart without removal. Walk up and through a metal detector type device with the cart and it scans and calculates all items without removing from the cart. Integrate with store app and payment method and email receipt people would be flying out of the store.

I will still wait for some people to get their credit cards out but that would be cool. ;<)
Oh no! RF tagged merchandise is the bridge that will enable 5G to establish its control. 😉

All Nike, Adidas, and Levi’s tags are already RF embedded. There are several more and the list is growing.

@JohnVee so true.

One idea I always think about when a cashier spins an item 10 different ways to find the bar code is, why not have the bar code hidden on every side or hidden in the label. Problem solved and time saved.

Also ready for the scanner that can read every item in the cart without removal. Walk up and through a metal detector type device with the cart and it scans and calculates all items without removing from the cart. Integrate with store app and payment method and email receipt people would be flying out of the store.

I will still wait for some people to get their credit cards out but that would be cool. ;<)

Scanning registers typically have multiple scanners, and reflective surface for this reason. Can't really account for user error, though...

Maybe you, like me, would be happier doing self check out? 😆

I just noticed when buying undies the other day @ Target that they all had very small RF tags on underside - makes sense now, I was kinda confused!
Oh no! RF tagged merchandise is the bridge that will enable 5G to establish its control. 😉

All Nike, Adidas, and Levi’s tags are already RF embedded. There are several more and the list is growing.

BTW @uzj100 I sincerely hope you never get stuck behind a certain friend of mine. If she feels rushed during her transaction she will pay in change and count slowly.

I can't blame her. We all wait our turn in life, and it's truly minutes of an entire day. No need to huff and scoff and stamp feet like a child. (NOT AT ALL implying you do, I'm sure you're ultra considerate. I've just seen some s***, working in customer service over the years)

Don't you guys have amazon stores yet? Walk in grab your stuff, walk out no lines, no check out. It automatically charges your amazon account.

But hey I'm the a****** that will whip out my calculator to double check the self check out machines ;)

I also may have used cruise control once in my life.

And if you are going faster than me in the left lane you're speeding...... no really i'm already going 25 above the speed limit how fast do you want to go? :flipoff2:

Don't you guys have amazon stores yet? Walk in grab your stuff, walk out no lines, no check out. It automatically charges your amazon account.

But hey I'm the a****** that will whip out my calculator to double check the self check out machines ;)

I also may have used cruise control once in my life.

And if you are going faster than me in the left lane you're speeding...... no really i'm already going 25 above the speed limit how fast do you want to go? :flipoff2:
Whoa. Crazy.

BTW @uzj100 I sincerely hope you never get stuck behind a certain friend of mine. If she feels rushed during her transaction she will pay in change and count slowly.

I can't blame her. We all wait our turn in life, and it's truly minutes of an entire day. No need to huff and scoff and stamp feet like a child. (NOT AT ALL implying you do, I'm sure you're ultra considerate. I've just seen some s***, working in customer service over the years)
Baha. I would not do that, i just can’t believe folks are that inconsiderate. Basically clueless to others. They are basically looking for attention of any kind, negative or positive. Passive aggressive southerners are the best at this. Is she the check out police? 🤣Same clowns that slow down in the fast lane or accelerate slowly. They must have very sad lives to even consider or concern themselves with what others are doing and then actually take an action Nyfbb.😁

I have observed this bs behavior my entire time in NC and it seems to be passed on from generation to generation. Everyone has weird chit that makes them happy and they need stories to tell their buddies at bojangles. I made this human wait and i feel so superior now. 🤪🤣

Baha. I would not do that, i just can’t believe folks are that inconsiderate. Basically clueless to others. They are basically looking for attention of any kind, negative or positive. Passive aggressive southerners are the best at this. Is she the check out police? 🤣Same clowns that slow down in the fast lane or accelerate slowly. They must have very sad lives to even consider or concern themselves with what others are doing and then actually take an action Nyfbb.😁

I have observed this bs behavior my entire time in NC and it seems to be passed on from generation to generation. Everyone has weird chit that makes them happy and they need stories to tell their buddies at bojangles. I made this human wait and i feel so superior now. 🤪🤣
Ah, finally, someone else recognizes the south's propensity towards passive aggressive communication. I tell people it's the universal dialect.

I would not say she's the checkout police; just more or less irritated by being rushed through a transaction that takes mere minutes. It's her time. Person behind her will get their turn soon.

I've told impatient folks that buying kale and alkaline water isn't a life or death emergency with a sickeningly sweet smile. They seemed to have gotten the point.

Ah, finally, someone else recognizes the south's propensity towards passive aggressive communication. I tell people it's the universal dialect.

I would not say she's the checkout police; just more or less irritated by being rushed through a transaction that takes mere minutes. It's her time. Person behind her will get their turn soon.

I've told impatient folks that buying kale and alkaline water isn't a life or death emergency with a sickeningly sweet smile. They seemed to have gotten the point.
Baha. I agree. I give all kinds of time up until a point. Everyones time is equally important. That is the whole point of all this. They slowing someone else down says to the world, you will wait on me, and not rush me because I am important. You are important, just like the other 7.5B people on the planet. However respecting others means you can do this in reasonable amount of time which again leads me back to passive aggressive people/southerners. I have watched the behavior for 43 years. They are taking action to be in charge. It is hilarious. I laugh every time because you know it is coming.

It's clear we both agree on the subject, but you still giving crappy people way too much credit. How dare you think they ponder an existence beyond their own. :p

It's clear we both agree on the subject, but you still giving crappy people way too much credit. How dare you think they ponder an existence beyond their own. :p
BAHA! Agreed.

Luckily, we’re almost out of check writers at grocery stores. I take Andrew’s stance on them when I see them waiting until the final total before they even dig out their checkbook to get started on the process. My mother is one of them. I don’t even let her come with me when I shop for her.

For the record, I think everybody should be required To spend at least 6 months working directly in customer service retail or food service. I think it would cause people to relate to each other so much better.

Luckily, we’re almost out of check writers at grocery stores. I take Andrew’s stance on them when I see them waiting until the final total before they even dig out their checkbook to get started on the process. My mother is one of them. I don’t even let her come with me when I shop for her.

For the record, I think everybody should be required To spend at least 6 months working directly in customer service retail or food service. I think it would cause people to relate to each other so much better.
Agreed. I over tip always.

I think we do have one. Never been because its not convenient at all for a quick purchase. It's ideal for a pedestrian high rise dweller living in Midtown.

I check myself out as I'm shopping and just wheel my cart straight to the exit.

I check myself out as I'm shopping too, but then I still have to pay for my stuff when I'm done checking myself out. :grinpimp:

@JohnVee so true.

Yeah, but the parking lot would be jammed full of people trying to bag their own groceries or just chucking cans of corned beef hash in the back seat.

Everyones time is equally important. That is the whole point of all this. They slowing someone else down says to the world, you will wait on me, and not rush me because I am important. You are important, just like the other 7.5B people on the planet. However respecting others means you can do this in reasonable amount of time.....

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, people who think their time is more important than everybody else's. For me, it manifests most when two lanes merge down to one. Pretty sure one day I'm gonna go all "Falling Down" on somebody that blows past a line of cars and expects me to let them wedge in front of me when I have been waiting patiently in line like everybody else. A coworker of mine said that she does that all the time and I told her that she better not try and push her Prius in front of my truck or else we're gonna trade paint. She seemed offended.

Ok, just read something like a page and a half of check out rants. I’m going to go anti rant on this one. As many of you know, I am a yankee (can’t change that it’s a happenstance of my birth). When I first moved south, I used to go out of my damned mind. People talk too slowly (I finished your sentence in my head 7 words ago can we please get on with it). People drive too slow. And Jesus H Christ on a friggen crutch, why are you chatting with a cashier you don’t even know AFTER you have paid?
One day, my blood pressure was climbing and a little vein in my temple started to bulge while buying beer at the Harris-Teeter, and I thought, “Dude, you’re buying beer to sit by a pool. This is not urgent. Chill the **** out.” That was the day I embraced a certain southern slowness that makes life more pleasant. There are very few things any of us do that are truly urgent (EMT and ER dr.s exempted).
I’ve now been back up here 4 years, and I constantly see others stressing out over irrelevant s*** and I just want to say, “ C’mon man, breathe. It’s all going to be ok”
I can feel myself getting sucked back in to the mentality at times. In those moments I try to think of beers on the Carolina coast and just breathe. Nothing is so important. Yes our time is precious, but in those moments when we allow other’s actions to make us crazy we are only squandering our own time. We Can enjoy our moments or we can get stressed. The choice is ours. Either way, that old gal is going to be really slow at the register. I’ve found I’m happier just saying, “take your time Love, nothing I have going on is that important. “

Not to disrupt the people hating and tech chat but Y’all ever gone to harvest your mushroom logs that you’ve waited for a year to produce fruits only to find your landlord cut them up and used as firewood. Yeah ... bummer :(

At least there are half dozen still Out there that were gifted. Check on em if you have one.

Not to disrupt the people hating and tech chat but Y’all ever gone to harvest your mushroom logs that you’ve waited for a year to produce fruits only to find your landlord cut them up and used as firewood. Yeah ... bummer :(

At least there are half dozen still Out there that were gifted. Check on em if you have one.
OMG that would suck.
I have no mushroom logs, but I have sap trees for maple syrup, and I just envisioned heading out to tap them only to find stumps.
I feel for you.

Ok, just read something like a page and a half of check out rants. I’m going to go anti rant on this one. As many of you know, I am a yankee (can’t change that it’s a happenstance of my birth). When I first moved south, I used to go out of my damned mind. People talk too slowly (I finished your sentence in my head 7 words ago can we please get on with it). People drive too slow. And Jesus H Christ on a friggen crutch, why are you chatting with a cashier you don’t even know AFTER you have paid?
One day, my blood pressure was climbing and a little vein in my temple started to bulge while buying beer at the Harris-Teeter, and I thought, “Dude, you’re buying beer to sit by a pool. This is not urgent. Chill the f*** out.” That was the day I embraced a certain southern slowness that makes life more pleasant. There are very few things any of us do that are truly urgent (EMT and ER dr.s exempted).
I’ve now been back up here 4 years, and I constantly see others stressing out over irrelevant s*** and I just want to say, “ C’mon man, breathe. It’s all going to be ok”
I can feel myself getting sucked back in to the mentality at times. In those moments I try to think of beers on the Carolina coast and just breathe. Nothing is so important. Yes our time is precious, but in those moments when we allow other’s actions to make us crazy we are only squandering our own time. We Can enjoy our moments or we can get stressed. The choice is ours. Either way, that old gal is going to be really slow at the register. I’ve found I’m happier just saying, “take your time Love, nothing I have going on is that important. “
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom