Tornado Warning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OB-1

SILVER Star
Threads
<See post #17 for current warnings>

http://weather.wcnc.com/cgi-bin/fin...rget=NewsChannel+36&query=28262&Submit=Submit

TOR.gif
Tornado Warning
TOR.gif
Statement as of 5:58 PM EDT on March 28, 2010

... A Tornado Warning remains in effect until 630 PM EDT for Rowan...
southeastern Iredell... northern Mecklenburg and northern Cabarrus
counties...

At 554 PM EDT... a tornado was reported. This tornado was located
near croft... or 9 miles north of Center City Charlotte... moving
northeast at 40 mph.

Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to unc
Charlotte... Huntersville... Cornelius... Charlotte motor Speedway...
Davidson... Concord... Mooresville... Enochville... Kannapolis...
Landis... Mount Ulla... China Grove... Woodleaf... Spencer... Salisbury...
Rockwell... Granite Quarry... Gold Hill... Faith... Craven and Cleveland

Seek shelter.

Last edited:
If you've never seen one, they are pretty awesome! So long as they are not bearing down on your house, that is. I've seen a few, one up close from the turret of a tank - which IMHO is about the best place to be when one hits.

We just got freakin HAMMERED with hail here. :eek:

Hope my Cruiser didnt get dented. :D

hope you guys are all safe...they are sneaky and deadly...do not take a warning lightly...take shelter!...or you will wish you would have!...just a bit of advice from tornado alley

osagecruiser

Weve had a couple touchdowns here within a couple miles of the house. Evidently the worst of which bounced 4-5 times from south high point, to oak hollow lake (backyard), to colfax, summerfield and on.

We just got the warning one was spotted on the ground in Jamestown about 15 min ago.

Good night to have the 45 at the shop :D

good news is the brown barometric pressure detector is saying its climbing back to safe levels

Last edited:
We got some huge hail here and had lightning touch down all through out the neighborhood. You heard the thunder about a milisecond after seeing the lightning. Pretty loud.

We had one pass just to the north and just to the south of us. The area just a few miles north of Jasons house got hit REALLY hard. I heard reports of a few people being taken to hospital, non life threatneing, and houses and garages destroyed.

Glad it missed you Jason

Thanks man. You and me both. Looks a lot worse than I imagined as light breaks this am.
Trees, busses, and billboards tossed around like toys up here.

glad you made it through as well and sorry I didnt get a chance to chat at the maintenance day.

wow.... dont have to go far. these are each about a mile in a different direction.

btw, that bus came from behind a building on the other side of that 5 lane road!!!
tornado.jpg
tornado1.jpg
tornado2.jpg

No tornadoes here but we got marble-sized hail twice. Both times I was in the driveway working on my Pig when the storms hit. I jumped in the Pig (with the wife) and I kept on working installing sound deadener. It is L-O-U-D without a headliner and with hail raining down!! :grinpimp:

Where are you, Jason? Gboro?

I talked to my sister she lives in Elon, said all was OK buy them.

Those pics are nuts!!:eek:

Yeah, north side of HP on the SW corner of Greensboro. Pics are all High Point.
Didnt make it to Jamestown where the last reported touchdown was b/c of downed lines and trees.

think this is where I start passing in the median

YouTube - Tornado in nc 3/28/10

Alright, alright, who took a dump in the emegency shelter guys...... :D " OMG it smells so bad "

:Language warning: mute round the kiddies and coworkers

YouTube - High Point NC Wedge Tornado March 28, 2010

This video is from just on the other side of the lake from us. It traveled north and luckily took the west side of Oak Hollow Lake, because we are on a ridge on the East side. We could see the transformers blowing one by one looking south from the house.

I'll have to say, Ive never heard anything like that. I thought Phrogg or FreightDog was doing a low level fly by. LOUD

My mom sent me theses pictures these morning.
These are in her neighborhood, The Gables, of Skeet Club.
About 2-3 miles from J.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Damn looks like I missed some crazy weather!

nothing but a lot of wind for me (burlington)

But we had a watch from 9:00 pm last night till 3:00am this morning. The radio at least said we did, i wasn't too impressed.

we had some crazy wind here.... blew all my halloween decorations into my neighbors yard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom