Torn hose under intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cannot imagine the search terms for this, so I will ask: What is the hose indicated in the attached picture? I found it to be torn on my 1985 FJ60 with 2F engine. Looks to be about 2-3 inches in diameter going from somewhere on the block to the bottom of the intake upstream of the air filter.

Thanks

Screenshot_20210928-144511_YouTube.jpg

Looks like the duct that guides hot air off the exhaust manifold up to the intake tube on the air cleaner. Had a thermostat controlled valve that opens during cold temperatures to help the engine warm up faster.

Hot Air Intake duct.
Originally there was a fibrous heat shield thingy that clamped around the exhaust manifold elbow to create a little hot box for the duct to attach to. By now that thing has dissolved and is NLA

20B7B616-7505-499B-9E6B-CFA2A378CAA0.jpeg

3ED838F4-DD72-4CC6-9CE3-1C31908DE945.jpeg

The Gates one that OSS posted fits perfectly but difficult to find. I had to order from the UK as it is not sold in the USA, that I could find.

An alternative is this:

(it's 51mm diameter vs 55mm for the Gates, but just slit the sides and it fits great. The Factory one is slit, FWIW.

City Racer also has/had a repro of that tube for sale. Was around $16 when I got one a year or so ago.

It gets thrashed every time you take your air filter housing on/off so if you're doing a lot of messing around in that area, I'd leave it off until you're fully done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom