Top mount windshield wiper motor(s) replacements? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I seem to recall that there had been a thread or 2 regarding replacing the OEM top mount windshield wiper motor assembly with some newer mechanism(s). I've searched but have come up empty. Anyone else recall this?

This thread ended without a final resolution.

1,000 years ago I installed the newer 1970's single motor wiper system onto an older FJ45 windshield frame, I had to have a shorter cable made/modified between motor and it's remote transmission on the other side, and I had to modify the newer wiper arms & blades for the slimmer windshield. Advantage; both wiper arms move and park in harmony.

mark, you wait another approx 30 days and i should be able to tell you how they work.. I can tell you they mount upside down compared to some oem motors and right side up compared to others. they have a negative switch instead of a hot switch. they do fit the exact holes and match the oem rubber seals. i ordered 2 from Fleabay with 110deg sweep.

mark, you wait another approx 30 days and i should be able to tell you how they work.. I can tell you they mount upside down compared to some oem motors and right side up compared to others. they have a negative switch instead of a hot switch. they do fit the exact holes and match the oem rubber seals. i ordered 2 from Fleabay with 110deg sweep.
Which ones? And yes I can wait!

i ordered these 110deg sweep. I tested the new toyota oem ones and they seemed to be approx 110 deg sweep.
i did end up ordering new arms and blades for one set from speedway. 10" arms and blades, straight.
I will probably paint the cover pewter. I have NOT wired up the generic ones yet. it took me long enough to wire up the factory ones thru the windshield frame.

1,000 years ago I installed the newer 1970's single motor wiper system onto an older FJ45 windshield frame, I had to have a shorter cable made/modified between motor and it's remote transmission on the other side, and I had to modify the newer wiper arms & blades for the slimmer windshield. Advantage; both wiper arms move and park in harmony.
Did you have to alter the roof levers and hooks to fit that style motor, if it was a removable top version? Any pictures?

Used as later motor set up and ditched the two motor set up - if your looking for another approach

I don’t recall any mods needed to the windshield frame, I just put the newer motor into the original holes(after modifying the cable to the required length)
I do. I ended up with the latches, complete with rattle can paint, after you realized you couldn’t use them.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom