Todays wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I flipped both front and rear and am at around 98-99"

I had planned on doing my rears too but the center pin was actually in the
center of the leafs. BDS 4" lift springs.

crate v8 poised and ready to leap into the old girl. 2f is home and in my garage.
engine 01.jpg

Yesterday I completed the sandblasting of the chute on my 30 y/o Ariens snowblower. The Hemi Orange color is a very close match. Cant wait to use it without having to coat the inside with Pam, although I'll probably do that anyway. Once it gets warm, I may spray all the orange parts so it looks nice and pretty.

Since the wife is up visiting her parents today I took the my doors into the living room to disassemble them for rust repair.

this does not sound like it is going to end well
Since the wife is up visiting her parents today I took the my doors into the living room to disassemble them for rust repair.

whatever you do don't get distracted and not finish them!

Enjoying the warmer weather. Sold the springs that were in my 4runner. Spent a couple hours swapping them out.

Getting ready to start my spring over, shackle reversal and cut n turn for this weekend, anyone in the area bored and want to help, let me know

Getting ready to start my spring over, shackle reversal and cut n turn for this weekend, anyone in the area bored and want to help, let me know

What?! We didn't talk you into linking it? Take plenty of pics!

Picked up a set of 265/75/16 Cooper (go figure) Discover M/S tires today for the FJC. Near new take-offs for $325. Now I need to hunt up another set of wheels for cheap. Does anyone know if FJ80 wheels fit the FJ Cruiser?

What?! We didn't talk you into linking it? Take plenty of pics!

Definitely soa in the front, not sure about the rear, doing the front this weekend because I want to get going on the cutnturn

do you know the width and backspacing off the top of your head?

Ah yes, the 80s have as width of 8", offset of 0"and backspacing if 4.5".

Thanks!

The FJC backspacing is 4.5 - 4.75 from what I have been able to find. 7.5" width. I have heard that folks are putting FJC wheels on 80's so figured one could do the opposite swap. I guess the only way for me to be sure everything clears is to swap my set from my 80 to my FJC. I knew I hadn't sold that 80 yet for a reason. If they fit, I may be in the market for a set of 80 wheels to mount up with new rubber.

The major hassle with fitting wheels to the FJC is the brake caliper. It is huge and overhangs the hub flange so that a wheel with a flat center section will always interfere with the caliper. 1" spacers are necessary in most cases. I run 16x8 4runner wheels with 1" spacers. The only 16 wheel which fit with no spacers is TRD's.

The major hassle with fitting wheels to the FJC is the brake caliper. It is huge and overhangs the hub flange so that a wheel with a flat center section will always interfere with the caliper. 1" spacers are necessary in most cases. I run 16x8 4runner wheels with 1" spacers. The only 16 wheel which fit with no spacers is TRD's.

Did you get my PM on the springs? I might be interested in the 40 panels too.

I was thinking like this with black powdercoat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom