Todays wrenching (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh I made it with it headed out shortly to go wheeling it’ll be on site repairs parking brake cable and change throttle cable quickly and she’s ready

Only way to do a wheeling event. Glad you’re keeping the spirit alive for all of us crazy folk. Enjoy!

Hi all, I just heard back from a local mechanic that has quite a bit of experience working on land cruisers and they provided me with an estimate of $800 (8 hrs) just for labor to rebuild (with bearings) my front axles. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated?

Seems to be pretty fair to me although I have never paid for someone to do it so don't have a number to compare to. It is a PITA job and takes time, 8 hours easy. My suggestion is to set a weekend aside and try it yourself.

Eric

exhaust manifold leak. Manifold all warped. Had to plane it at local machine shop.
B01CFE0D-1178-4D93-A9E3-73C2168E246B.jpeg

Hi all, I just heard back from a local mechanic that has quite a bit of experience working on land cruisers and they provided me with an estimate of $800 (8 hrs) just for labor to rebuild (with bearings) my front axles. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated?
I wouldn't do it for that.

This was fun to work on today. Thanks for asking me over Ed, @Cruiser Parking Only! Beeeeeutiful truck, frame is amazing. (That’s my biggest thing now in all the 60’s I’ve had contact with, always the condition of the frame). We got the alt and AC compressor, belts and idler pulley hooked up. He added the tstat and its upper housing. Pondered the headers w/ a funky heat riser so we spent a little time trying to understand a mud guys diagrams how to do the coolant lines. Lesson #1001, cork-board on garage wall and thumbtack labeled baggies of bolts/small parts to it.

2A33B1F5-41AE-43D5-B21C-1A6D10D5DBE9.jpeg

Sweet! No crew cab for the kids? Or just braced? Keep it harlequin like vw’s....

Seats in back. Full cage.

Slow but steady. Finished the outside of my driver rear frame patch. It’s all painted now. Next will be welding in the inner gusset over that patch and painting. After that I move onto the passenger rear outer patch.
Finically getting a good handle on my welding skills w/ gas. Hobart 140.
Learned my lesson on welding painted parts even if the edges where weld would go is ground clean; the paint catches fire. Ha!

478E4B6F-AA0F-43C7-8243-4410B190A86F.jpeg

2F9EE491-1E8E-45E1-9176-FAF21AE889D9.jpeg

Btw those aren’t new rivets, they’re weld. Im really enjoying welding especially when it goes nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom