TLCA Ohio chapter ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would stop by for a little while depending on day and time. 2 kids playing soccer with 2 games each on the weekends makes my weekends rough but fun.

So I need to rebuild the front end of my 80 in the near future and i was thinking I could host the first "Tech day" for "Rust Belt Cruisers"... I'm not real sure when, but i need to do it before GSMTR if my finances will let me... I'm just looking for some input to see how many folks would interested in coming over to hang out and talk shop/tell stories...
It's just a thought so we could get together and meet each other and see what the real interest is in getting the Ohio/Nky chapter up and going...

Chris
I'm up in Columbus and if the date/time fits into my schedule I'd be down to meet up for a fun tech day. I have a fair number of tools and am a decent wrench. I ironically need to do an axle rebuild too.

There is also a possibly I could host something here in Columbus as well.
-Chris

So I need to rebuild the front end of my 80 in the near future and i was thinking I could host the first "Tech day" for "Rust Belt Cruisers"... I'm not real sure when, but i need to do it before GSMTR if my finances will let me... I'm just looking for some input to see how many folks would interested in coming over to hang out and talk shop/tell stories...
It's just a thought so we could get together and meet each other and see what the real interest is in getting the Ohio/Nky chapter up and going...

Chris

I am in, text me the time and date. GSMTR will be here very very soon.

I'd probably be in... I have some fender flare experiments to tackle. This weekend is a no-go however.

Going through an old filing cabinet in the basement and ran across a large collection of Mid Ohio Land Cruiser newsletters. Wonder what happened to all these folks...and especially those who never found the cure for the fever and are still out there somewhere...

The previous owner of my 40 was a member. This photo is from the ad he posted on cruizer.com in 2002 with the Mid-Ohio sticker on the windshield.

MOLC.jpg

Yes it was one of Jay's and I almost gave up on finding anything local when I ran across his ad which was pretty old at the time. I gave it a shot and called. He had two. He called me a few months after I bought it and had located the original doors (in Columbus I think) and asked if I wanted to buy them. That was awesome.

Still very pleased with the purchase. Loving LC's in midwest Ohio is a lonely addiction.

grnvl.JPG

We were the mid ohio landcruiser association when I first joined-my 40 was still in parts. We actually got together pretty regular with weekend tech sessions and few members wheeled together. Jutty and Karl Walters (Buckeye4x4) revived us under the Buckeye Birfield Syndicate moniker. We were all members and paid our dues to the TLCA. JimC may know our current status-he probably can tell you who is still around-he worked on everyone's rigs. Or you can reach out to Karl. I do miss the tech sessions and would make time to attend if anyone has one.
Hello dbarrett, I was going through some old photos I took in the early 1990's from a truck show in Indianapolis and found a few Mid-Ohio member trucks. Wondering where these all are today. Check out my post tonight for all the pics.

IMG_0009.jpg

Hello dbarrett, I was going through some old photos I took in the early 1990's from a truck show in Indianapolis and found a few Mid-Ohio member trucks. Wondering where these all are today. Check out my post tonight for all the pics.

View attachment 1829010

The early 90s was before my time. Maybe JimC can take a look. He has been around since before dirt.

The early 90s was before my time. Maybe JimC can take a look. He has been around since before dirt.
There was dirt when I was a kid.
It was still new, but I'm not actually older than....

That's one of the Brown brothers and one of their FJ40s. They had several 40s and a 45, even opened up a shop for a while to sell 4WD parts and work on Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom