TJM T17 Bumper - what winch are you using? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put the TJM T17 Bumper on my LX470 and am going to add the winch.

Was curious what those that have the bumper on a 100 have been able to fit without modifications.

Pictures are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Based on the other TJM thread I saw I am not the only one who is using this bumper. No one has put a winch in theirs besides the one or two posts on the other thread? I am asking because I am trying to decide on a winch.

I run that exact same setup in my T-17. Relatively cheap and decent quality.
Smittybuilt XRC 9.5k Synthetic. ~$400 on amazon

Hello,
I have a ComeUp 12.5 and want to get the T17 for my 2001 Cruiser. Can you, when you have a min, send me the distance between the mount holes on the winch tray? I want to make sure they match up with my ComeUp. Also, what winch did you go with? From the measurements of the winch tray it looks like mine will fit but am trying to verify.
Thanks!

Thanks for posting this thread, trying to decide on a winch now. I just will not use it enough to justify the high dollar units. Wondering about the X20. Looks like there was a lot of build quality concerns on the Gen 2 XRC hopefully that was cleaned up for the Gen 3.

Running a Sherpa 9.5 winch in my ARB

I run an Engo 12k in my TJM T13, but the solenoid is divorced and sits on top.

20181006_182614.jpg

I just started looking at the TJM bumpers as an option. I haven't seen one in person. How do you guys like them? Price seems good, how is the quality?

I just started looking at the TJM bumpers as an option. I haven't seen one in person. How do you guys like them? Price seems good, how is the quality?
They are very solid. A Cadillac crashed into me and I hit it, and the bumper basically needed a slight tweaking by the body shop to be back to new and the Caddy was totalled. TJM is kind of a pain to deal with though, I ran into some difficulties with supply for my RTT from them because they are in AU and have little supply chain here. Other than that's it's a bumper, it would definitely save you from a deer strike etc...

Thanks!

For the money I think it’s a great option. I went through BumperSuperstore.com and had no problems, though be clear with them that you’re going to need a lift gate if yours is a residential delivery. I had mine delivered to work and the truck driver had no means for taking the bumper off of the truck- luckily I had access to forks. My truck had had some sort of low speed collision before I bought it, and the frame horns required some massaging to accept the bumper, but had no problem getting things to fit. The welds are not perfect, tigged pieces of art, but they are very serviceable. The powder coating (satin black) has made it through it’s first winter without issue. Hard to beat for the money.

This is the winch I am using with my T17: SMITTYBILT X20-10 COMP GEN2 WATERPROOF WINCHWITH SYNTHETIC ROPE

I hate where the control box is though.
Not to hijack the thread, but what creative solutions have you all found for where to put it? Mine is just wedged in, I think I am using black duct tape honestly, to hold it on the top left spot of the winch.

I just put a Warn 9.5xp in my T17 bumper and also struggled where to mount the control box. I ended up tilting it word and using a large hose clamp around the motor to keep it stable and also have access to it.

Post a picture of how you have it mounted.

Does that model have long enough leads to relocate the box?

Finding it very difficult to get my hands on the winch plate made for this bumper. What winch plate is everyone using? Most of the universal ones I've seen are too big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom