TJM T17 Bumper is coming Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There will be an extremely exciting and excellent news coming from TJM sometime next year for our 100 series. Better start saving the coins now :)

Any hints??

Anybody that upgraded their T17 bumper lights to LED got issues of the plastic lamp housing melting? I heard that it is an issues that some had experienced.

Last edited:
Anybody that upgraded their T17 bumper lights to LED got issues of the plastic lamp housing melting? I heard that it is an issues that some had experienced.

I’ve had my bulbs in for about a month and no melting so far.

I sifted through all 30 pages but didnt see a link to the instructions. can anyone post up a link? The link on the TJM site just takes you to the winch plate instructions. My bumper will be delivered in a couple days and want to get an idea of whats needed.

The "fog light" bulb.
The "fog light" bulb.
I found these on ebay fit right in fog/blinker hole just have to drill 2 holes for mounting screws (they come 6000k white am running them with headlights so I tinted them yellow the white was too bright prob will end up just wiring to the fog light switch)

20210113_142810.jpg

20210113_142735.jpg

20210113_142723.jpg

20210112_182504.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-143623_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I think I’m finally done modifying my TJM bumper. Asfir skid, trail tailor recovery points, Smittybilt winch, Rigid pod lights, led bulbs in the TJM lights with Amber Lamin-x film, and Xprite 9” spot lights.

View attachment 2479048View attachment 2479057

View attachment 2479050
Those Rigid Pods - which ones are they? And did you consider the flush mount variant? I have the same bumper (same rig actually) and want to add some lights there, but was considering the D-Series Diffused Driving beam (clear) for a more versatile light, but curious now why you went with those since I actually like the amber look better.
EDIT: never mind - I see the lights don't fit the spot if not mounted behind

Last edited:
Those Rigid Pods - which ones are they? And did you consider the flush mount variant? I have the same bumper (same rig actually) and want to add some lights there, but was considering the D-Series Diffused Driving beam (clear) for a more versatile light, but curious now why you went with those since I actually like the amber look better.

The Rigid Pods are older 3" D-Series Pro lights I believe. I used them because I have had them lying around for a long time and thought they would look better in the bumper than as ditch lights. I believe they are the fog variant and in the bumper they actually make pretty good fog lights. The amber cover is removable. I'm not sure if the flush mounts would be big enough to cover the rectangular hole and they would not be adjustable like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom