Tire recommendation needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Threads
Hey all,

Need to get tires for our GX470 this week. It is completely stock - planning to bump up a tire size from stock.

Looking for a recommendation on what tires to get.

I don't think I want to go all-terrain, but something a little more aggressive would be nice if quiet.

We put around 15k miles per year on it. Never offroad, but it seems some dirt roads up at the cabin.

It is mostly my wife's daily, and it hauls the family.

It has a set of Michelin Cross Terrains on it now that we're on it when we got it. They seem decent.

Andy

Michelin’s are always a good performer. Our work Tundras has LTX AT2s on them new. Easily pulled 60k out of them. They are quiet, and did surprisingly well in snow and lite mud. Cooper AT3s are also a good bet. Not aggressive and long wearing with a little more meat on them. My GX had Cooper SRX on it when I bought but i didn’t get to use them much before swapping everything. Took it down to VA and back with them and they were quiet but felt soft to me. Probably because I’m used to LT tires.

If your are not to concerned with the cost, I second the Michelin.

My step dad is running the LTX A/Ts as well on his 4Runner and loves them.

I have a set of 5th gen wheels that came with LTX M/S 2 on them with about 7/32nd, they have about 5/32nds now but still grip like new, I'm amazed, and I am one for not liking to drive in rain to begin with, these restore confidence in driving in bad weather.

I run BFGs for a completely different reasons. However, we have Michelins on my wife's Rav4 and at 35,000 miles they are barely worn. When the time comes, (I'm thinking 50-60k miles) I'll put Michelins on the Rav4 again.

Reactions: caz
what size are you looking at?

Toyo ht

My Tundra needs new tires real soon...

Thanks for starting this thread @caz , and making my decision easy!

Reactions: caz
Years ago Michelin made XCX APTS that we ran. Had them on 3 trucks. 2 made it 90K and the other one had 99K at replacement.

I’ve got a nice set of cooper at3 in 265/70/18 if you want them. Came off one of the tundras.

0B366AE2-F60D-4FC3-A6EF-E0BC61DCB543.jpeg

Michilen's were on my ridgeline. They dry rotted and cracked between the tread blocks.
The best truck tires I have had so far were the old bfg at ko's. This is probably the way I will go when the time comes for the tundra.

I'm surfing posts on tires and found this one, but fwiw, I have these on the GX and it's taken 30k miles for me to see any kind of wear on them. I also took them on a gnarly dirt/rock trail that was wet part of the time and they did great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom