Tire Pressure recommendation (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BFG KO2 255-75/17, load range “C”, Serv. Desc.111/108S on stock 4Runner rims?
2005 GX470...

ThankYou!

Edit...currently running 31PSI, but thinking this may be a bit too low...
Sure are comfortable though...

I only recommend pressures for LC200/LX570 - someone else will have to help you.

Ok, giving this another try, hopefully w/complete information! What pressure would you recommend for the following? As always, thanks in advance,

2010 LX570
Goodyear Wranger MT/R w/Kevlar
LT275/80R17 121Q D1

Ok, giving this another try, hopefully w/complete information! What pressure would you recommend for the following? As always, thanks in advance,

2010 LX570
Goodyear Wranger MT/R w/Kevlar
LT275/80R17 121Q D1

Excellent request! ⭐

The RCTIP for those LT275/80R17/D 121/118Q tires on your LX570 is 35psi F/R.

HTH

@gaijin sorry to ask, since I'm sure you've already answered this question, I just couldn't find it in a search.

What is the RCTIP for BF Goodrich AT KO2 275/70R18 load range E 125/122 R on a 2016 Land Cruiser?

@gaijin sorry to ask, since I'm sure you've already answered this question, I just couldn't find it in a search.

What is the RCTIP for BF Goodrich AT KO2 275/70R18 load range E 125/122 R on a 2016 Land Cruiser?

BFG does not make a KO2 in that size. They do, however, make a LT275/70R18/E 125/122R so I'll just assume that's the one you mean :bang:

The RCTIP for those LT275/70R18/E 125/122R tires on your LC200 is 41psi F/R.

HTH

Thank you. I didn't know the LT part was important. Thanks for fixing it for me.

DD1FD9FD-C89F-407E-A0A1-EA1F03882D59.jpeg

@gaijin Thank you for all the contributions you've made, I'm awed by the amount of RCTIPs — and other great info — you've provided.

I've read through the majority of this thread, and ran a few searches, but didn't spot an RCTIP for my specific tires and vehicle. (…which makes me nervous…)

Here's my info:
Vehicle: 2017 LX570
Tire: Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 LT265/70R17 121/118Q STUDDED

My muddled brain RCTIP calculation: 41psi
Is this correct?

---
Added thoughts/questions:
I read a number of places that for winter it can be wise to add an extra ~3psi since outside temps run below the garage temp where tires are inflated.

So, if I'm airing these up in a 60º garage and driving in sub 32º temps, should I add the additional ~3psi that I've read about? e.g. 44psi while "cold" in the garage?

Also, if I recall correctly, I also saw something about how you add some PSI above standard RCTIP for long highway trips, then return to standard for normal use.

Is that still something you do?

Would you add additional PSI for an all day highway drive on top of adding 3psi for going out into the cold?

---

Thanks for the help

(P.S. I'm a dedicated lurker, so this is my first post. Hi everyone! Also, sorry that my first post is a request, and that I don't seem to have privileges to better format it for readability.)

@gaijin Thank you for all the contributions you've made, I'm awed by the amount of RCTIPs — and other great info — you've provided.

I've read through the majority of this thread, and ran a few searches, but didn't spot an RCTIP for my specific tires and vehicle. (…which makes me nervous…)

Here's my info:
Vehicle: 2017 LX570
Tire: Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 LT265/70R17 121/118Q STUDDED

My muddled brain RCTIP calculation: 41psi
Is this correct?

---
Added thoughts/questions:
I read a number of places that for winter it can be wise to add an extra ~3psi since outside temps run below the garage temp where tires are inflated.

So, if I'm airing these up in a 60º garage and driving in sub 32º temps, should I add the additional ~3psi that I've read about? e.g. 44psi while "cold" in the garage?

Also, if I recall correctly, I also saw something about how you add some PSI above standard RCTIP for long highway trips, then return to standard for normal use.

Is that still something you do?

Would you add additional PSI for an all day highway drive on top of adding 3psi for going out into the cold?

---

Thanks for the help

(P.S. I'm a dedicated lurker, so this is my first post. Hi everyone! Also, sorry that my first post is a request, and that I don't seem to have privileges to better format it for readability.)

Thanks for the kind words - always glad to help.

First, the RCTIP for those LT265/70R17 121/118Q STUDDED tires on your LX570 is (indeed) 41psi F/R. Seems your muddled brain is working A-OK 👍

Toyota has published a TSB about how to adjust "garage" tire temps to compensate for colder outside ambient temps - here it is:

TP_TSB_11OCT17_zpsqctggvtf.jpg

It contains some good info, but what it is basically pointing out is that tire pressure should be increased about 1psi for every 10 DegF difference in temperature between the garage and outdoors.

As an example, if you are setting pressures in your garage which is at 60 DegF, and the coldest outside air temperature you expect to encounter is 20 DegF, then you should set the tire pressure when the tire is at 60 DegF to 4psi above the RCTIP - let's use 41psi since this is what your RCTIP is.

The first step is to carefully set all cold tires (see definition of "cold" in the TSB above) to 41psi in the garage.

Next, initialize the Tire Pressure Warning System so that the set pressure is 41psi. It's probably a little different for your LX570, but in principle it should be very close to the following LC procedure:

TPMS_Reset_18JAN18_zps8pwuusr9.jpg

Finally, add an additional 4psi to each tire, bringing them to 45psi, to account for the 40 DegF difference between garage and outside temps.

Clear as mud, right?

As far as increasing pressure for long highway drives, I still add 2-3psi; but only in the summer when air and road temps are high. The idea here is to decrease the amount tire temps increase after long high speed driving - this is not a real concern when ambient temps are colder, so I only do it in the summer.

If you still have any questions, feel free to post them up - I'm sure you're not alone.

HTH

Thanks for the kind words - always glad to help.

First, the RCTIP for those LT265/70R17 121/118Q STUDDED tires on your LX570 is (indeed) 41psi F/R. Seems your muddled brain is working A-OK 👍

Toyota has published a TSB about how to adjust "garage" tire temps to compensate for colder outside ambient temps - here it is:

View attachment 2506941

It contains some good info, but what it is basically pointing out is that tire pressure should be increased about 1psi for every 10 DegF difference in temperature between the garage and outdoors.

As an example, if you are setting pressures in your garage which is at 60 DegF, and the coldest outside air temperature you expect to encounter is 20 DegF, then you should set the tire pressure when the tire is at 60 DegF to 4psi above the RCTIP - let's use 41psi since this is what your RCTIP is.

The first step is to carefully set all cold tires (see definition of "cold" in the TSB above) to 41psi in the garage.

Next, initialize the Tire Pressure Warning System so that the set pressure is 41psi. It's probably a little different for your LX570, but in principle it should be very close to the following LC procedure:

View attachment 2506943

Finally, add an additional 4psi to each tire, bringing them to 45psi, to account for the 40 DegF difference between garage and outside temps.

Clear as mud, right?

As far as increasing pressure for long highway drives, I still add 2-3psi; but only in the summer when air and road temps are high. The idea here is to decrease the amount tire temps increase after long high speed driving - this is not a real concern when ambient temps are colder, so I only do it in the summer.

If you still have any questions, feel free to post them up - I'm sure you're not alone.

HTH

Excellent, thank you.

That all makes sense, and I appreciate the thorough and quick reply - with handy images on top of it all.

recommendation for a 2011 lx570 with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/75R17 121S

Falken don't make a Wildpeak A/T3W tire in that size. Check and post again.

28030129 LT285/75R17 ? guess the all knowing amazon has them listed incorrectly:shock:

28030129 LT285/75R17 ? guess the all knowing amazon has them listed incorrectly:shock:

Glad to help!

The RCTIP for those LT285/75R17 tires on your 2011 LX570 is 35psi F/R.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi @gaijin when you get a moment, could you tell me the recommended cold tire pressure for Michelin LTX A/T2 P285/65R18 114T on a 2013 LX570 ? Thanks!

Hi @gaijin when you get a moment, could you tell me the recommended cold tire pressure for Michelin LTX A/T2 P285/65R18 114T on a 2013 LX570 ? Thanks!

Sorry, Michelin do not make an LTX A/T2 tire in that size.

Do you mean the P275/65R18 114T?

Thinking ahead to the spring when the Blizzaks will come off. Looking for the right tire pressure (and any related thoughts) on these:

Toyo Open Country A/T III LT275/65R18 113/110C.

Also wondering if any minimum load issues. Specs say 2535 pounds.

Haven't seen much talk in these parts around C load tires. Seem like they might be a good compromise for a lot of folks.

Thinking ahead to the spring when the Blizzaks will come off. Looking for the right tire pressure (and any related thoughts) on these:

Toyo Open Country A/T III LT275/65R18 113/110C.

Also wondering if any minimum load issues. Specs say 2535 pounds.

Haven't seen much talk in these parts around C load tires. Seem like they might be a good compromise for a lot of folks.

The RCTIP for those Toyo Open Country A/T III LT275/65R18 113/110T Load Range C tires on your LC200 is 45psi F/R.

The RCTIP for those same tires in size 275/65R18 116T SL is only 33psi F/R.

Either one will "work," pick your poison.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom