Tire brands I never heard of before - anyone had experience with these? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I'll be putting 295 70 17's on my 200 series LC. Been shopping on line (Amazon & ebay) for 'em.

I have run across a few brands that I know nothing about. Wondering if y'all can help me. Anyone had any experience with these brands?

Kanati Mud Hog M/T about $200 each with free shipping. 10 ply units, load range E, look pretty cool. I have never heard of that brand, though.

Centennial Dirt Commander M/T. $174 each with free shipping. 10 ply, load range E. Never heard of this tire brand. Good price. Made in China.

I do have experience with Maxxis tires. Had a set on my FJ60. Apparently they are made in Thailand.

I had a set of the Kanati Mud Hog tires on my LR Disco II. I sold the truck less than 10k miles after I put them on. However, I had no complaints with them. They worked as expected of an M/T off road and were fine on road and not overly loud. I got them for $197 a tire at Sam's Club. That was for E rated 265/75/r16.

Has anyone ever bought or used Mastercraft Coursers?

For a quick comparison... They are a bit better then the coopers I ran for many years... have about 500 miles on them

Not loud at all (I thought they would be)

Traction is good (have not really tried in snow yet)

Street driving way better than the coopers ... the stiffer sidewalks are much better for my heavy arrs cruiser... but not back breaking stiff ... I can see them doing well on rock as the conform on the curb I roll over to park around back at work

Have not tried any serious off road with them

My only real complaint is that the 255/85r16 is wider than I am used to ... they are about 3/4-1” wider section width compared to other tires I had on the 40

Your size probably wouldn’t have this issue as I was researching them the courser tires ... nobody complained about the width being wider than advertised

Has anyone ever bought or used Mastercraft Coursers?

they will get choppy and are a very loud tire, not really great to balance either. one of the guys was running them at work and got rid of them because of how noisy they got. they looked good but maybe not the highest quality option.

Guys buy those tires to use at Gambler events. Noise is never a consideration. Cost is usually the driving force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom