Tire and wheel question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve gone through and seems to see mixed scenarios. I am looking at getting destination AT 265/70 r17 with some FJ wheels. Possibly Ko2s in the same size. Stock height for now. Will this rub?

I run Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in 265/70/17 and rubbed really bad on the front portion of the fender liner.

That’s what I was afraid of, thanks. Ive seen some who say it rubbed and some don’t really say, lol

Fender liner is so easy to cut or push out. YouTube videos on how to easily move the fender liner. Don’t let that prevent you from getting the tires you want.

It’s a one banana job.

I run Falken Wildpeak A/T3W in 265/70/17 and rubbed really bad on the front portion of the fender liner.

@bravoleader, I am trying to decide between the Wildpeak AT3W in 265/65/17 or 265/70/17 for my stock Prado KDJ125. I would prefer the larger, but fear it will rub as the AT3W seem to run a little larger than other tires of the same size. I see your GX470 has the KDSS which provides more flex than the stock Prado so could that be a factor? Have you tried any other tires in 265/70/17 (with or without rubbing)?
Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Thanks. Do you have experience with other 265/70/17 tires on the GX470? Do they all rub or just the Wildpeaks? I have heard that BFG kO2s, and Cooper ST Maxx will fit the KDJ 12x in 265/70/17 without rubbing. (Just trying to get a point of reference)

Might only rub up front if you push the lower control arm as far forward as possible. This is done by maximizing the cam boll. As far inward up front and as far outward for the rear. A good alignment shop would be able to do this. It would move the wheel about 3/4" or 19 mm for you metric people

The front are easily fixed by moving the liner forward.

That tire size is stock on 5th gen 4runner. I put 255/80R17 on stock suspension and it does not rub. I did already removed the running board and move the fender liner forward a bit. My alignment from previous owner are centered and was not maxed out at all.

In Italy, I have to go with the saying "If it ain't broke, don't touch it". There are a lot of great artisans and machinists, but I haven't found a mechanic that I am happy with yet. I end up doing all my own maintenance, but alignment is way out of my league. I'll just get the 265/65/17's and call it good. It'll save me the head ache of applying for an exemption in any case (you can only leagally install tires up to 5% larger than the manufacturer recommended OEM, and need to apply for the exemption to do it... and pay of course).

thanks for the help (to PDXGX too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom