Tips for setting inner axle seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've replaced the driver side rear axle seal twice and it is still leaking. I'm using a seal driver, but it gets slightly cock-eyed toward the top every time. It happened on the passenger side as well, but I hammered a little harder and got it set in...and no leaks yet on that side. The driver side is being a pain in the ass and now I'm going to have to order another seal. I'm going to be like $60 down in seals and shipping at this point.

Did you do the bearings recently?

Are the seals are OEM? aftermarket seals bend easily. I have experienced that. When you are driving in the seal, NEVER hit the rubber lip mounted edge. A tip is to use a heavy hammer.

An OEM seal is ke $6 and why $60?

Did you do the bearings recently?

Are the seals are OEM? aftermarket seals bend easily. I have experienced that. When you are driving in the seal, NEVER hit the rubber lip mounted edge. A tip is to use a heavy hammer.

An OEM seal is ke $6 and why $60?

Well, I bought 2 of the wrong seals first, so that was 20 bucks with shipping. Then another seal and 2 o-rings was another 20 with shipping....so yeah about $40 haha (maybe I subconsciously included my labor rate)

They are OEM seals and I drove from the metal side. It seemed to get hung up as it passed the ABS sensor hole.

I haven't touched the bearings, and there was no play in them when I removed the axles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom