Tin Cup Springs extremely disorganized trail ride this Saturday (Baldwin area) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!

Talking to some Jeeper friends we wanted to check out tin cup springs this weekend!

The plan is: 2-230pm at 2254 south kings highway Luther mi (trailhead parking lot) this Saturday October 9.

We will be driving this one mostly blind, one of the guys i know is going has been but doesn’t remember a lot, I’ll have onxoffroad and DNR maps but again, i have no idea what I’m doing so we’re gonna wing it. Estimate for the loop is about 17 miles, 2ish hours.

Kid friendly, I’ll have some of mine with me.

Should be a little wet so please try to at least have recovery points, confirmed one vehicle will have a winch and i have static straps and traction boards etc.

Not really sure what to expect terrain wise so no promises, but I’ve been told stock vehicles can handle it.

I’m planning on returning to GR at the end of the ride as it’s a hour there and a hour back home, unless someone wants to call my wife and tell her i have to stay for dinner some place with the group.

I expect we won’t set speed records as one jeep is filming for his YouTube and i like taking blurry pictures for Instagram. This’ll basically be a social ride and nothing hard core.

Open to anyone, even your brother in law and his clapped out square body Chevy. (Bonus points if he still has a sticker of Calvin peeing on the ford logo)

If you want in reply here or shoot me a message. I’ll share my number privately or follow me on Instagram. I’ll add maps and photos later this week.

Clearing it with the wife is key, I had to promise back massages for a week.

I will not be able to make it, but please stop by the Wolf Lake Store so I can say hello and see the trucks. We will have at least one of our cruisers in the parking lot.

I would love to go and to meet some folks from around here but I’ll be trekking UP for a week. I live a bit south of GR

I will not be able to make it, but please stop by the Wolf Lake Store so I can say hello and see the trucks. We will have at least one of our cruisers in the parking lot.
Shoot me the address!

I would love to go and to meet some folks from around here but I’ll be trekking UP for a week. I live a bit south of GR
maybe we will see you on the November 6 ride? i will also be organizing some winter yankee springs rides i think.

Man, I gotta pay more attention!
Sorry I can’t go this weekend, headed to see my kid at NMU. Sounds fun tho.
I would love to get out before the cruisers have to hibernate!

maybe we will see you on the November 6 ride? i will also be organizing some winter yankee springs rides i think.
I may tie into this loop for Nov. 6th. Ed

Dave’s wife made us a cool flyer for insta
18B0464F-60BD-432E-A0D9-3ACF3CCAC2CA.jpeg

I may tie into this loop for Nov. 6th. Ed
I also see a loop called little Marquette near it. Shows up on dnr site

I can relate to this statement so much lol. Rubs are the unspoken currency of marriage.
gonna try to backrub my way into a victory front bumper and winch. wish me luck!

gonna try to backrub my way into a victory front bumper and winch. wish me luck!
You won’t regret that, I have their original prototype of the Strike front bumper on mine and I love it! There are some production differences since mine was designed, but all for the better. Plus it is a no cut front bumper, so installation is outrageously easy.

You should grab Michigan Offroad Trail Map app as well. It’s a pretty nice little app with a lot of downloadable Michigan trails.

Last edited:
How did the ride go? I wanted to join, but had other obligations.

Any pics to share?
I’ll get some loaded, was a absolute blast but took a lot longer than planned. We got some jeeps stuck, we wandered off the route to check out obstacles, I had issues with the A/T oil temp light coming on due to mud packed between my factory skid and the engine/trans, so that was a not fun at all lesson. Don’t think i did any damage though.

Was pretty whooped in some areas but i also didn’t air down which could have helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom