Timing question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by preacherman, May 2, 2003.

1. preacherman

preacherman

I was just adjusting the timing on my FJ60 when I ran into a question? This will be my first time to adjust the timing on a landcruiser and the timing on the bell housing is kinda weird. Anyway it says I need 7 deg of advance but since the bell housing does not have any timing deg marks I am confused. Is the mark on the bell housing at 7 deg and I just have to aligned it with that one mark? Or do I go 7 deg past the mark and if so which way? Maybe I am missing something but all I can see is one mark on the bellhousing.

2. cruiserman

cruiserman

There is a line and a ball (or a hole if the ball fell out :)) on the 2F flywheel. &nbsp:Did you open up the little cover to see the flywheel? There is a pointer mounted in that location.

I put some white paint on the line to make it easier to see.

3. preacherman

preacherman

I opened the cover and marked the flywheel mark so do I just adjust it to the line on the bellhousing and is that 7 deg?

4. cruiserman

cruiserman

I don't have a 2F anymore, so don't take my word for it. IIRC the line is TDC and the ball/hole is 7 deg BTDC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.