timing marks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to all, got a small dumb Q, which of the marks on the flywheel is the tdc and tne 7 degree btdc?? There are two marks, the line, and the dot.
Thanks to all!

damn Now I'm in trouble, yesterday I adjusted valves, and the tdc was the dot, so, Im pretty shure that my engine is not well synchronized, cou that be possible? another explanation?

I've made the same mistake in the past. However, the valve difference between TDC and 7 is very small. However, adjusting the valves is fairly simple, if time consuming, so you might want to go back and re-do them.

thanks,
yes I get it, but, I checked whith a screwdriver in the first sparkplug hole, adn the TDC is the dot, coud be that the gears that go to the camshaft coud be wrong? if so, I will need to open the engina, and fix it, a lot of work! ideas?

anybody know how difficult is to get the gear on the correct position, is there a lot that I have to take out before getting to those gears? do I have to remove the engine from the truck?

Is the truck not running?

Is there a problem with something?

yes, thge truck is running, but since I bought it, I noticed that the other fj40 from my friends ron a lot better, I tried to explan that, no explanation, good carb adjustments, valves ok, everithing ok. So I tried to work on the timig, and I noticed that something is whrong there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom