Builds time to start over (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so has anyone tested and successfully running the urd 02 simulators.

id like to hiflow or completely remove tje cats when i do the exhaust on in a month or so, it only needs to work until i can have the piggyback fitted down the track

oil pressure gauge will be going in over the next couple of weeks, going to use a t pieve in the factory pressure switch port so i can retain the low pressure light. will upload pics when its done.

also while im here, the shocks im going to use require bump stop extensions amongst other things, im going to be using timbren bumpstops as part of the suspension upgrade, does any body know if they compress to the same point as factory stops and will require spacers or will they be enough to stop me blowing my shocks appart. need 15mm extra clearance before shocks bottom out.

so here is the first part of my suspension upgrade

bilstein b6 shocks (80 series rears)
(hilux fronts)

_20180710_122631.JPG

ok so looking at the spc/lr uca's, can anyone tell me how to make sure im ordering the updated models that got the new bushes?

ok so looking at the spc/lr uca's, can anyone tell me how to make sure im ordering the updated models that got the new bushes?
Look for the grease ball joint. Or check the description for the updated ball joint with the zirk fitting. I'm pretty sure it's been about a year since they updated that part so if you buy new, shouldn't be an issue

so shocks and springs in.

bilstein b6 4600 80 series 60mm lift rear shocks and hilux/tacoma struts with tjm 40mm front hd springs and 45mm lifted rear springs.

once the springs settle i should see 110mm droop in front end and 100mm rear droop

_20180901_133247.JPG

_20180901_133622.JPG

_20180901_133730.JPG

its amazing the difference no sway bar on the front makes, while it did lift a wheel for a couple of seconds over the hole on the left it only felt like a few inches off and didnt feel like the car was on any peculular angles, glad i did my research on the right bilsteins and got a 575mm open length and didnt opt for the standard off the shelf set up although annoyed i only found out after that distributor in aus here can extend them out all the way to 605mm

received_1965219837110528.jpeg

received_2187731388140539.jpeg

Rear locker mod is done and rear timbrens have been ordered, I just hope sd truck springs sees my email before processing the order as I ordered the lod carrying version accidently

Ok people can i have some expert knowledge here, i have a company that can build me longer struts then wat im currently using which have an open length of 575mm, they have told me my bump stops may need spacing as the closed length of the new strut is 15mm longer then factory.

My question is how thick would i need to make my bump stop spacers? Is it still the same 1.85 ratio or is it different as the bumps are further inboard?

lol --- seeing "///" in a few posts and figured I am behind the times and it has some special meaning these days.

Wait - maybe it's another iPhone 'enhancement' ... it just occurred to me it could be some weird character translation artifact.

Ok so the correct timbrens have been ordered as i messed up the first time and ordered the load carrying ones not the active bumps. Will upload photos once installed

Rear timbren active offroad bump stops are in, will try put them to use down the beach this weekend and get yoy all sone feedback

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom