Tightwad bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a relatively new fzj80 owner, was looking for a jacked up truck for my girlfriend and came across a screaming deal on my new baby, yoda. Now the problem I have is when she gets in a vehicle the front end becomes magnetic and searches out stuff it can hit. I am looking for a used bumper and grilleguard but in my area 80s are almost nonexistant so it has been a bit difficult. Does anyone know what other toyota bumpers would work on the front of a 94 landcruiser?

Trail Gear front bumper, 470 bones on Summit Racing.

Lesson #1: a grille guard is commonly referred to here on the forum as a "damage mulitplier." It will do more harm than good in a fender bender, don't put one on the truck.

The land cruiser bumper is the only one that fits a land cruiser, but should be interchangable across years 1991-1997 (they're not identical, but interchangeable). It is a tin can and will not hold up to your GF's abuse.

The trail gear bumper is a good start for something she can run into crap all she wants. :hillbilly:

Yoda

Resized_Resized_20201127_173652.jpeg

I forgot to mention the exorbitant amount of deer in my area So I am looking for something that guards the headlights also

start with with the TG bumper, weld DOM headlight guards..... I think you can get a small fluxcore welder on Amazon fir around 100 or so. Plus you may learn a new skill if you don’t know how to weld already :).

Bump-it Offroad also makes a great tube bumper on the affordable end of the spectrum. It's a few buck more than trail-gear, but not much, and made in Colorado by a real dude, not in a factory in China. 🤷‍♂️

You could have a local guy fab up some headlight hoops that come off of the main stinger. Mike at Bump-It will also do customization if you want him to make it for you.

Bump-it Offroad also makes a great tube bumper on the affordable end of the spectrum. It's a few buck more than trail-gear, but not much, and made in Colorado by a real dude, not in a factory in China. 🤷‍♂️

Does it "give the 80" a lower "over bite" too :)

Lmao heckraiser...your pick reminds me of the lowrider in the movie "cars"

The bump-it offorad bumper doesn't stick out nearly as far as the trail-gear one.

I got one that's just like this but without the stinger (not my truck, too lazy to go outside and take a picture)

91f90af62a2fe32c4cbd0e2accae0fcb.jpg

The bump-it offorad bumper doesn't stick out nearly as far as the trail-gear one.

I got one that's just like this but without the stinger (not my truck, too lazy to go outside and take a picture)

Damn!! That’s was nicer! And only 500 abs some change and built in the US!? I’m sold.

Yup...I agree...I am liking that one

Yup...I agree...I am liking that one
Love that bumper. I got a killer deal on a new but damaged ARB; normally a $1200 bumper for $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom