Tiger Adjustable Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Those of you who are running TJM lifts with tiger shocks:

What settings do you guys use for what applications?

Has anyone tried setting them on 9 for the road?
Thanks

For regular driving I have them set 5 for the front and 4 for the rear. Seems to work pretty good set like that. I have tried 9 and it's like driving an unladen school bus... very, very, very stiff. Only time I could every see going that high would be for freeway driving while loaded down pretty good and towing. I think a 4F/3R would work pretty good too for just driving around town.

X2 5 front, 4 rear.

...via IH8MUD app

7 front 5 rear. Anything less feels like its a wallowing pig in the corners and quick maneuvers. I'm guessing a lot of it is going to vary rig to rig... Depends on additional weight, if caster is correct, how good of shape bushings are etc. nice thing is all ya have to do is pick a starting point, pick a section of road that has everything you want the shocks to perform well at, and start adjusting. Keep going over that same section of road until you're happy.

I have the rancho 9000xl shocks which are very close to the tiger shocks. For firm feel 7f 6r is good but at 4f 3r they are plush and can take on wash board dirt roads easily.
I have mine at 7F 6R and they are OK on rough roads and on wash boards. On a trip to Idaho, along the Salmon River, I stopped to adjust them to 9F 9R because I was winding for miles along the Salmon River and the sway was getting to me. On 9F 9R the LC handles fairly well...but the rough roads are jarring (not as bad as my old CJ 7). I love my TJM suspension for my application (which is as a all year mountain vehicle and exploration rig). I only wish there was an on board adjustment so I could tune as needed from the dash. (I understand the Rancho on board adjuster works with the TJM but it is no longer available and was around 1000.00. I can roll under the truck an a blanket a lot for 1000.00. They are actually very easy to tune...you just have to lay on the ground.

I tried to order that kit also, but they don't sell them anymore.

Tjm adjustable are older rancho 9000 shocks with foam cell, if you are lucky you might be able to find the remote under 300. But I heard they discontinued them because they weren't very reliable.

TJM aren't old Rancho 9000's from what I've researched. Different bodies, different knobs and different guts.

I have a set of the adjustable TJM's and the older Rancho 9000's. Completely different shock. Both perform very well though and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either again.

Interesting, wonder why the knob looks the same to me and supposed to use the same remote kit as rancho when it was available. Most likely rancho just modified the 9000X a bit for them.
orig.jpg

tjm-adjustable-shock.jpg

Last edited:
One of my tjm knobs broke, luckily my buddy had a few rancho knobs. They just bolt in the same way and the adjustment was the same. Only difference was the rancho used numbers instead of dials.

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom