FJ80 Electronic Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Been on here a little but military life has been getting in the way of me digging into my LC. I've finally got back to the states again and have time to get some stuff done.

I have done some searching on here and other places online and am trying to find if aftermarket electronic shocks exist for my 92 FJ80. It's JDM with the factory TEMS system. I have found OEM ones in Japan but they are $555 each. I have some Bilsteins and can obviously use those but I'd really like to keep everything working as advertised since everything else still works on the truck. It actually bothers me a little to have the switch in the dash and it do nothing right now. 😬

If anyone has any info, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I had to look up that system - but in doing so, the only LC I find to have gotten it was the 100. Are you sure this is a legit OE install?

I had to look up that system - but in doing so, the only LC I find to have gotten it was the 100. Are you sure this is a legit OE install?
not sure if it’s the same (TEMS) but my 91 JDM has a factory switch to change the shocks from normal to sport. My assumption is that’s what OP has, but I could be wrong.

My 87 Supra has TEMS, and there's a JDM 1991 4runner in my driveway with TEMS too...

That said, Tokicko used to make replacement shocks years ago- I have a set on my old Supra. I don't think they still offer them tho. Your only option to keep it functional may be to go OEM. You can also delete and remove the switch, and upgrade to a much more modern shock. Nobody would blame you if you did...

My 87 Supra has TEMS, and there's a JDM 1991 4runner in my driveway with TEMS too...

That said, Tokicko used to make replacement shocks years ago- I have a set on my old Supra. I don't think they still offer them tho. Your only option to keep it functional may be to go OEM. You can also delete and remove the switch, and upgrade to a much more modern shock. Nobody would blame you if you did...
Thanks for your reply. It's not a terribly pressing issue right now but something I'm thinking about. Deleting the switch is a good idea. Then I won't be bothered every time I look at it.

My '84 Mazda 626 had those. Totally not worth the time or money to try to replace them. They went away for a good reason.

I’ve seen this system in a few 81s but never seen one with it working. I would delete and pick a nice shock

My '93 has it, and they work. But in sport mode it feels excessively harsh, so basically I never use it.

Thinking of upgrading to a modern shock and doing a roughly 2" lift (haven't done a ton of research yet), and would be willing to sell you the electronic shocks if that's a priority for you.

My '93 has it, and they work. But in sport mode it feels excessively harsh, so basically I never use it.

Thinking of upgrading to a modern shock and doing a roughly 2" lift (haven't done a ton of research yet), and would be willing to sell you the electronic shocks if that's a priority for you.
I might be interested in those. Hit me up once you've done your upgrade and let me know what you want for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom