thumbs up to Affordable Injection. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Y'all keep calling the distributors Chinese HEI junk but AFI offers a DUI upgrade and it's made in Memphis. I've been there. Sure maybe the parts are Chinese but they assemble them and test them right there.

@lcwizard, do you recall what your compression numbers were prior to install? How much vacuum did the motor draw, would it be an issue with this particular set-up?
Thanks, Dave.

That's temping, ugh...

@lcwizard, do you recall what your compression numbers were prior to install? How much vacuum did the motor draw, would it be an issue with this particular set-up?
Thanks, Dave.

It was a 2F with 78,000 original miles that ran great so I didn't bother checking compression. I'm don't know why it would effect the TBI any more than it would a carb

Cyber Monday sale, 25% off, Monday only. I'm thinking it's not gonna get any better than that.

So, did anyone else order a kit for the Cyber Monday sale?
If you did, what is the status of your order?
I've been getting the run around, told it's shipping three or four times, waiting on parts, parts weren't ordered, communication is like pulling teeth.
Initially the discount code didn't work, and when I inquired about it, was told a check would be sent to cover the discount. I haven't seen that either.
I hate to put the guy on blast, but I'm wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing.

Asked for updates at the beginning of Jan. Response was that it was done and after a quick test would be shipped out, maybe within a day or two.
Said they had a lot of orders and it was taking a bit to get caught up.
I can see that.

Then nothing, three weeks later I ask for updates and get the same response.
It's all done and will ship in a day or two.
Again, they were catching up on orders.

A couple of weeks go by and I get an email asking about an air cleaner that is supposed to be included. When
I answer with the info he's asking about and he tells me again that it will ship it shortly.
A few days after that, another email asking for a phone call to him.

He tells me then that the DUI is held up/ not ordered, and asks if I want a replacement dizzy that will work and when the original one comes in he'll ship it out.
Sounds reasonable, but I opt for sending out what he has ready and waiting for the dizzy from his supplier.

That was two weeks ago and there's been no communication since.

I like to think I'm a reasonable person.
I get that things get held up, orders get behind schedule and I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time for something to ship.
I'm to the point of wondering if they are having issues with the new optimum kit, which is what I ordered.
I've asked him to just let me know what's going on, be honest, I can wait if there are some delays.
To continue with the "it's shipping in a day or two" bs is frustrating and makes me not trust his product.

Here is another option, and a real game changer, for those looking for fuel injecting there older motors

Holley Sniper EFI

FiTech
I have the 4 barrel Sniper on my V8. It's a real nice system but like anything I did have a couple hiccups.
It's super dialed-in now.
I can try to answer any questions if anyone is interested.

Looking at that sniper system from Holley, I don't see a compatible distributer for an f motor.
It sure would be nice if it was plug and play.
I haven't tried calling to find out what they recommend.
Maybe if this afi thing doesn't work out...

After some more back and forth and a threat to cancel the order, I got the tracking info today.

I gotta say, though, I am thoroughly disappointed in his lack of customer service and empty claims that everything was done and would ship.
I don't care about the time it takes to make a custom product, but, if you repeatedly make promises and then flake out with no notice or explanation, I think most people would find that to be a problem.

Several times I've asked Norm directly and to the point about the discount code not working, and there has been zero response or even acknowledgement that a question was asked. In one of the last emails, I asked that the check be included with the shipment but, I truly doubt anything is forthcoming.

I contacted them immediately upon ordering and finding the code wasn't applied, and was assured, in writing, that it wasn't a problem and a check for "the discount that is owed to you" would be sent.
Honestly, the 25% discount was the only reason I could justify buying it. Had I even guessed that this would happen, it would have been a deal breaker for me.

EDIT: The kit arrived on 2/22, appears to be packed well and included the promised refund. That may have been a good will gesture or it was planned all along, I don't know. I'm still dumbfounded as to the lack of response when directly asked about it.

YMMV

Last edited:
I've installed a few brands of 2F fuel injection. Most with a reservation or two.
WE built a system for Man-a-fre back in 1999 through about 2003 so I'm familiar as to what should be expected. I tried their 2F kit with the 3F electronically controlled dizzy. I have to say it's the best running
kit I've tried in ten years. Idles great , no odd idle quirks coming to stops . No flat spots and smooth acceleration. If your OCD about wiring you may opt to add an upgraded fuse block. None of the sytems go crazy with the wiring details. I prefer the 1200 degree wire loom to plastic, especially near the motor.
That's just a personal thing, the system runs great either way . The air cleaner adapter isn't theirs. It's a remnant from our kits. The radio delete was replaced with a Glowshift electronic fuel pressure gauge and
a voltmeter. Both of these items I consider almost necessary to diagnosing fuel injection issues.
With TBI if pressure drops below 10psi or voltage drops below 10.5, things don't run well

View attachment 1513790

View attachment 1513791

View attachment 1513792

View attachment 1513793
I've installed a few brands of 2F fuel injection. Most with a reservation or two.
WE built a system for Man-a-fre back in 1999 through about 2003 so I'm familiar as to what should be expected. I tried their 2F kit with the 3F electronically controlled dizzy. I have to say it's the best running
kit I've tried in ten years. Idles great , no odd idle quirks coming to stops . No flat spots and smooth acceleration. If your OCD about wiring you may opt to add an upgraded fuse block. None of the sytems go crazy with the wiring details. I prefer the 1200 degree wire loom to plastic, especially near the motor.
That's just a personal thing, the system runs great either way . The air cleaner adapter isn't theirs. It's a remnant from our kits. The radio delete was replaced with a Glowshift electronic fuel pressure gauge and
a voltmeter. Both of these items I consider almost necessary to diagnosing fuel injection issues.
With TBI if pressure drops below 10psi or voltage drops below 10.5, things don't run well

View attachment 1513790

View attachment 1513791

View attachment 1513792

View attachment 1513793
What do you have the timing set to? I have recently bought a 78 FJ40 and the PO installed the system and I am trying to work out a few bugs. AFI told me to set it at 26 degrees at idle which I did but now the first start of the day is rough with a very high idle and the motor pings under load for a few minutes. Then it will settle down and run fine. Any advice???

26 seems pretty high.
Set it like stock with vacuum disconnected. Probably 7 degrees advance at 6~700 rpm. You can always bump it up a couple degrees if it doesn't seem
like its getting power.
Why they would suggest that much advance beyond stock , I don't know. The only change you're making is carburation. You didn't swap cams.
I've never tried to set any truck at 26 degrees advance so I don't know what to tell you about that.

26 seems pretty high.
Set it like stock with vacuum disconnected. Probably 7 degrees advance at 6~700 rpm. You can always bump it up a couple degrees if it doesn't seem
like its getting power.
Why they would suggest that much advance beyond stock , I don't know. The only change you're making is carburation. You didn't swap cams.
I've never tried to set any truck at 26 degrees advance so I don't know what to tell you about that.
I thought it seemed high to but Norm at AFI said it twice???? I am gonna roll it back to 7 and see what it does. What is yours set at?

I thought it seemed high to but Norm at AFI said it twice???? I am gonna roll it back to 7 and see what it does. What is yours set at?
Maybe he did not know you had a 2F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom