Throttle out, runs fine. In, stalls. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Amateur car repairer here..
Stalling problems with my 1982 FJ60.
Replaced: Gas line, alternator, distributor caps, core, battery.
With the manual choke out she revs high but will turn over. Foot off accelerator, stall.
The carborater ball is floating and now.. not sure what next.
I need an inspection so I really need to fix er. Thanks!

Also I need an owner manual to refer to, where can i get one.

Get a vacuum gauge and check for low vaccume at idle. When the engine is warm, the choke knob is just a throttle positioner not a choke. Try adjusting the idle speed higher on the carb.
Attached is the tune up pages from the factory manual.
The entire 2F manual file size is too large to attach to this thread

Attachments

• 1980 2F Motor FSM 1-2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
also check the idle solenoid,
x2 on vacuum, could be a leak, or something not attached

Great tips thank you. Something else I noticed, the exhaust (near the engine under the carburator) is putting out a lot of air? Wow this feed is very helpful. This is my first time taking on any car to this detail. Very happy for your input! Heading out to pick up a vacuum gage at the store.

Get a vacuum gauge and check for low vaccume at idle. When the engine is warm, the choke knob is just a throttle positioner not a choke. Try adjusting the idle speed higher on the carb.
Attached is the tune up pages from the factory manual.
The entire 2F manual file size is too large to attach to this thread
Okay, hmm silly question, how do I adjust the idle speed- can you describe it? I can do it. I will check out the manual. Big help! Thank you thank you!

Pay the $20 subscription and post pix of the questions you will be asking. Well worth it and you'll save yourself lots of time and money.

Plus, you won't get any of the annoying flash or pop ups.

Do a search for ICS or FCS (same thing) Idle Control Solenoid and some call it Fuel Cut Solenoid.

All of this info is in the Repair manuals that are available as PDF downloads (free). Look under 'Resources' on the Top Menu Bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom