think i need to replace my engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
will find out in a few days how bad my f.5 is but if in need to do a complete rebuild I'm thinking of just going to a 2f. I'm an Oct 74 f.5 so it should be pretty easy? looking for ideas on where to source a good 2f, preferably one that is ready to go. or am i way off in my thinking?

thanks

will find out in a few days how bad my f.5 is but if in need to do a complete rebuild I'm thinking of just going to a 2f. I'm an Oct 74 f.5 so it should be pretty easy? looking for ideas on where to source a good 2f, preferably one that is ready to go. or am i way off in my thinking?

thanks
Hi, the answer really depends on a few things:

• What is your budget
  • Will this be a daily driver, weekend wheeler, or a bit of both
  • What are your future plans (tire size, lift, etc...)
These would be the first things to answer to determine how to move forward. No matter what, the folks here on MUD will have plenty of know-how to handle it, so you are in good hands.

Drake

Last edited:
What makes you think you need a complete rebuild?
Hope your mechanic is honest.

also what time frame do you have?
a 2F swap could be done in a weekend
a V8 swap will take longer

I am removing a 2F to put in a V8 I have a 73 I replaced the 1F with an fj60 2F. My 78 fj40 has a v8 and gets better mileage on 1 ton axles and 42” tires then the 73 with 37” tires. I regret switching to a 2F should’ve just done the v8 swap to begin with

Hi, the answer really depends on a few things:

• What is your budget
  • Will this be a daily driver, weekend wheeler, or a bit of both
  • What are your future plans (tire size, lift, etc...)
These would be the first things to answer to determine how to move forward. No matter what, the folks here on MUD will have plenty of know-how to handle it, so you are in good hands.

Drake
Budget is flexible enough i think. I want to stay Toyota. Weekend fun truck, back roads not much crawling. Playing in the mountains

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom