Thermal fan control question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Looking at thermal switches for the electric fan install, I'm finding all sorts of different ranges (most of which span 20 degrees F) available. What would any of you think is the best range for controlling a fan on a 3FE? My guess is one that switches on at 195 and off at 175. There are also 205 and 185 switches too. Or would I be better off getting an adjustable one that I could fine tune?

This thing is going to be a BIG project, but it'll be well documented when it's all done a-la my desmog writeup :grinpimp:

Gumby said:
Being that the t-stat that you should be using is 195, the fan should not kick on until 205 at the earliest. I would think a 215 on 195 off would be better.

I'm not sure if that's available in the non-adjustable, but an adjustable switch would work, too. Just adds more wires to the jungle :D

Is the stock Toyota t-stat a 195 degree? If it is, that's what I've got.

Well I couldn't find anything for 215/195, but the adjustable ones should be able to reach it (found a promising looking one from Painless).

Is 215 really a safe temp for our engines tho? I honestly don't know. It just seems damn hot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom