There she blows (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First 'boob of the years. Tie your s*** down or lose it.

Just finished blowing through my neighborhood

Starting to rain here, the weather readers are saying it may go on all night.

The wind ripped all my shade cloth loose. I get to play with zip ties in the morning.

come on rain, wash down this nastiful dust!

Raining hard here at Litchfield and Cactus road

we had no rain in Fountain Hills :(

Got just enough in South Scottsdale to attach the dust to everything.

Midnight and still raining here just South of Anthem. A huge rolling thunder shook the house for about 15s which is a VERY long time to hear thunder like that. We need the rain and I hope it keeps pouring down!

Made the evening hike in the San Tans...eventful...

My drip system has blown the 1/2" tubing three times in the past month so it's now off - the wosrst time of year - thank you so much (12 years old + perhaps flaky pressure reg); so I welcomed the rain we got over here in Avondale. Didn't measure rainfall but humidity is still 50%+ and walls and ground soaked at noon today.

That 1/2" flex line is an invention of the devil and landscapers everywhere - I continue to have so many problems with it cracking after 7-8yrs that when I needed to plumb our fountain and courtyard I had the guys put in PVC. Far easier to repair and seems to last a lot longer before problems arise. Just yesterday I was out digging in the mud again to fix several leaks, emitters shot off of the tubing and other messy work. Opening the water bill is a monthly testament to my efforts at keeping up with what's left of my flex-line system, and equates my time to real $$$!

IH8MUD for various reasons,

I kept most of mine above ground. It doesn't last quite as long but its a breeze to repair. Thanks god someone came up with easy connect couplers. As least you don't need herculean hand strength to splice tubing.

I recently discovered they make flexible schedule 40 PVC. Awesome stuff!

Phil showed me some of that just yesterday. I thought once they came out with the expandable pvc pipe repair pieces, it was heaven. Now this....someone should make some $$ on these inventions. The old way was tough.

"Dust Storm" in Flag this weekend, at Thunder Dan's.

Getting to old for these things..

we got deluged on in Flagstaff yesterday - and then again yesterday evening in Fountain Hills

and, our **** is secure :p

we got deluged on in Flagstaff yesterday - and then again yesterday evening in Fountain Hills

and, our **** is secure :p

There for the weekend?
We had a game plan; symphony at Ft Tuthill Park, storm brewing, (figured rained out)..
Fireworks at the Country Club; paid $10 for parking, waited 2 hours and left, (storm brewing, figured rained out)..
Jerry Reopelle at the Orpheum theater on the 5th; (inside venue), excellent..
Ate ourselves broke.:doh:

Orpheum Theater that is a pretty small venue. Last time I was there it was just a movie theater. Lived just behind the country club when I moved to AZ. At that time it was Coconino country club. Then Fairfield. What's it called now?

Had rain every day up north but no dust storm. Did some scouting out for firewood (restrictions get lifted tomorrow at 8:00 AM) by walking down closed forest service roads. It's legal to drive off road in most areas of Coconino National Forest to recover firewood. You can not drive off road to scout for wood but allowed to drive in a get it. Large game you can not drive in a recover.:meh:

Orpheum Theater that is a pretty small venue. Last time I was there it was just a movie theater. Lived just behind the country club when I moved to AZ. At that time it was Coconino country club. Then Fairfield. What's it called now?

Had rain every day up north but no dust storm. Did some scouting out for firewood (restrictions get lifted tomorrow at 8:00 AM) by walking down closed forest service roads. It's legal to drive off road in most areas of Coconino National Forest to recover firewood. You can not drive off road to scout for wood but allowed to drive in a get it. Large game you can not drive in a recover.:meh:

I need to do some firewood scouting as well. I was thinking up by Payson or Stoneman lake. I am looking for shaggy bark cedar or alligator juniper.

I thought you were allowed to drive in to recover game?

Are there roads still closed in the Coconino forest?

bring your gloves. the scorpions love that stuff :zilla:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom