Builds TheGrrrrr Build Thread - 2013 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GbrhJg.gif

The new Toyota Trails is here!

Last edited:
Pretty excited about the new Toyota Trails issue for March/April. We got some 200 Series love in there from the July trip to the Maze District of Canyonlands. Apologies in advance for my various errors (yes I know Hite is in Utah, I was there) and the repetitive adjectives. It was a great trip with @sdnative and @linuxgod and their sons. A true highlight for me, and now we can talk about it and share the incredible photos, which I'll let Geoff and Eric share since they took all the good ones. Mine aren't nearly as pretty but here are a few... :p

87C5F7AA-0CF2-43C9-9DD3-CE341113AA02_1_105_c.jpeg

53BBC6C9-0C36-4F95-9EB4-79CBD34B44FA_1_105_c.jpeg

585DBDE0-ADC9-4299-9843-1473A297588C_1_102_o.jpeg

E830C463-1DBF-4668-8D90-1EB3E9F60F08_1_102_o.jpeg

Pretty excited about the new Toyota Trails issue for March/April. We got some 200 Series love in there from the July trip to the Maze District of Canyonlands. Apologies in advance for my various errors (yes I know Hite is in Utah, I was there) and the repetitive adjectives. It was a great trip with @sdnative and @linuxgod and their sons. A true highlight for me, and now we can talk about it and share the incredible photos, which I'll let Geoff and Eric share since they took all the good ones. Mine aren't nearly as pretty but here are a few... :p

View attachment 3575291

View attachment 3575292

View attachment 3575294

View attachment 3575295
Hey I shared our photos - they’re in the magazine! ;) If people want them they’ve gotta pay the $35 for a TLCA membership (which if they do it soon they’ll get the physical copy too).

Seriously though other than being disappointed we didn’t make the cover (hard to compete with a 40) the editors did a great job and I’ll make a plug for people to join TLCA if you haven’t already to get the magazine and support the organization. And I’ll post a few pics which weren’t submitted to TT later this week, but here’s the centerfold…

IMG_4592.jpeg

Yeah, everyone should be a TLCA member! The magazine alone is worth it, but it also an incredible organization that does a lot for this community.

I'll reiterate that everone should join TLCA and get the magazine, but I am posting this PDF excerpt here for posterity as part of this trucks history.

As mentioned in the article, I was dealing with some fuel boiling issues on the trip, but I have since replaced the charcoal canister and associated parts under warranty when I got a code a month or so later, and haven't had the issue again. I am still looking to do some venting of my BudBuilt skids around the Cats as I believe that some heat is building up in that area, but the charcoal canister probably contributed to its own slow demise in a vicious cycle as it aged and dealt with more high temp/high elevation miles and associated venting.

Attachments

• 200s in the Maze.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom