The Ultimate BBQ Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brunswick stew -- a traditional accompaniment to Georgia style pulled pork and ribs. Made with a pork shoulder, a whole chicken, onions, peas, corn, tomatoes, Texas Pete, ketchup, salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar. The key is the smoked flavor in the meat.

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

Any Big Green Egg users? I scored this "Grilldome" off Facebook market place for a ridiculous price.
Never used a ceramic Kamado style grill. Made a batch of 3-2-1 ribs for Mother day.

IMG_8587.jpeg

IMG_8543.jpeg

Owned a Lg green egg for years, strongly recommend them. all depends on what your mission in cooking is. They are great for a family for grilling and let you smoke things also. Kind of a pain using them in the winter here in CO though but anything would be tough. I sold mine last year to get a Yoder (yet to pull the trigger)to go with my dedicated smoker Cookshack FEC 100.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another green egg, took me about 1 time cooking on it till justify the price. If taken care of it will be the last one you own!

Owned a Lg green egg for years, strongly recommend them. all depends on what your mission in cooking is. They are great for a family for grilling and let you smoke things also. Kind of a pain using them in the winter here in CO though but anything would be tough. I sold mine last year to get a Yoder (yet to pull the trigger)to go with my dedicated smoker Cookshack FEC 100.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another green egg, took me about 1 time cooking on it till justify the price. If taken care of it will be the last one you own!
I also have a cookshack. Used it a couple of days ago for beef ribs. Great for when you want no muss no fuss. I usually put a stainless steel water container in mine to keep things from drying out too much.

Bought one of these for my birthday a few years back. Japanese Konro grill- AKA the prototype of every hibachi you know.

Mine measures about 10" x 26" and is originally intended for use with binchotan (activated) charcoal. But I use regular lump charcoal as well. Awesome for overlanding if you wanna have a nice dinner due to size.
Medium-Konro-Grill-Portable-BBQ-Grill-Side-View.jpg

Any HitchFire grill users? Trying to decide between this or the webber Q, but like the option of not having to store the grill in the back of the truck. Not sure about using the hitch for the grill storage, but like how much bigger it is.
hitchfire.com
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 8.14.49 PM.png

Any HitchFire grill users? Trying to decide between this or the webber Q, but like the option of not having to store the grill in the back of the truck. Not sure about using the hitch for the grill storage, but like how much bigger it is.
hitchfire.com
View attachment 2651563
You might have better luck in the camping section. This thread is for BBQ cooking.

I have no claim to be any sort of cook or chef. However, I like to eat well when i go camping and do it up on the fire (duh). I have been doing up some pretty good dinners the last few times out and am going to keep that going.

These are stuffed shrooms and chicken breast. I stuff them with fire roasted bacon, peppers, cheese and shrooms.

B2F6CEF2-2147-4247-836A-387D695C3E88.jpeg
63955CD5-9587-41E9-B8FE-A7D6464EF5E2.jpeg
8BF3947A-75D8-499F-BBC3-E70D347DF59F.jpeg
0A2303D6-7BDC-40E1-AD70-7B4FBD2D0692.jpeg
2D82DA8D-FEC2-4CCD-A7D9-2556CB90BB0A.jpeg

I marinated them for a day in Guinness and spices.

Cheers

Previous trip it was carne asada tacos. The asada I didn't prepare, bought it from the local Mexican butcher.

5E8B2937-0A55-4DAE-AF51-D5E01FE512FC.jpeg
61A2E1D6-160B-4292-A65E-B8BE57903A89.jpeg
4CC10085-A885-41ED-8BA9-FFE59508B91F.jpeg
055FE44A-66C2-41A3-8147-8A6DCF836BF8.jpeg

I didn’t have it this trip but I generally like to use my FrontRunner grill camping. Its just the easiest for me and works well.

Cheers

Camp food sucks!

While camping up on the Delaware a couple weeks ago. Cooked these 2 Sewer Line beauties up on a 12" bakers cast iron pan....the beans were some the best I had...cooked the little potatoes in oil and butter....threw in a little garlic and onion

20210521_204221.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom