The Restoration of a HZJ73V-MES... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Say, what did you use for the bike rack receiver?
I swapped out the stock recovery hook and install a receiver I made to attach to the factory bolt pattern during mountain bike season.

Very nice truck , and super resto skills .
Keep it as stock as possible 👍
That's the plan, only other mods will be a hidden winch in the factory bumper and some color matching rock sliders.

I might have missed it, but: what cargo rack is that? I'm new to the 70-series but from what I know of other things, FRP can be dicey when you're bolting things to it. How'd you go about it?

It is an ARB steel rack. The rack is mounted through the top. It has seals & rubber isolators to allow the roof to flex. I have had a 200 lbs on it with no signs of deflection.

It is an ARB steel rack. The rack is mounted through the top. It has seals & rubber isolators to allow the roof to flex. I have had a 200 lbs on it with no signs of deflection.

Makes sense; thank you. I assume you've had no water intrusion issues? Also, are there pictures of that through-mounting somewhere?

Ill grab some photos this weekend 👍

Regarding the pre heating timer circuit (unit: part number is 28521-17100) for the glow plug of Landcruiser (1991 HZJ73v),
The preheating lamp of the glow plug remained on and did not go out, so when I removed the preheating timer unit and looked at the internal circuit, I found that the two resistors circled in red in the photo were burnt out. Therefore, I would like to repair it myself, but the resistance value of this resistor cannot be read visually because the horizontal line on the surface is burnt and invisible. So, can you tell me the values of these two resistors? I would appreciate it if you could tell me the resistance values of the two pieces in order from the side closest to the corner of circuit board.
Or, if you don't know the specific resistance value but can post an enlarged photo of this part, I would appreciate it if you could post it and reply.
If I can figure it out, I'm going to source the resistors and solder them myself.

P1150781.JPG

P1150792.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom