The Ol' Roof Dilemma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I have a beautiful '81 FJ60 beater with a colossal 375k miles that runs great. I paid $5k for it three years ago. Fixed/replaced a lot of things. Drives GREAT. But the roof is being eaten faster than a hot dog on Coney Island. After watching FJ60 prices become, let's say, unappealing on BaT, I'm thinking of replacing the roof on my old friend. I am in Los Angeles and wondering - WHO'S GOT IDEAS ABOUT GETTING THAT DONE? This is no TLC (the shop) level job, but would rather spend a few (several?) thousand rather than upgrading for 27K. Thanks for your advice!!

I know of a guy in Los Angeles greater area that had his entire FJ60 roof replaced with a donor that had partial pillars still intact. The welded joints were at the pillars.
I saw his FJ60 and his roof looked perfect after the repair.
If you're interested, let me know and I'll contact him and you guys can talk it over.

for inspiration, here's a few pics of us fabbing my 'safari' roof to replace the PO old softtop. you're held back only by your imagination and welding skills.

for inspiration, here's a few pics of us fabbing my 'safari' roof to replace the PO old softtop. you're held back only by your imagination and welding skills.
Man I wish there was something like that in kit form for the 60 series. That would be a great conversation. OTOH, then I couldn't get the Wagon Gear flip up cargo windows 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom