The OFFICIAL FJ55 RADIO & AUDIO Anything Thread , CB40F CB40M 8-Track Player , Cassette Player Speakers ETC,,,,, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1699227644893.jpeg

How much f***ing Weed you smoke on any giving day 🧐🤔😯😲😳🙃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

oh kool ...!

a fellow
MUD member who has never had a real working radio in there FJ55 ....

let me tell you what Bob , hearing someone else inside your Land Cruiser talking and singing besides yourself for the first time is something i will never forget .........🔊

:)

FJ40 Radio Test Fire Up 1978 Courtesy of @dmaddox :cool:

I'm a bit of an audio snob. I don't see much point in an audio system for a truck that's so loud going down the road that it'll make you deaf... You're going to add more spl to that? No thanks. I prefer to listen to the engine noises, my exhaust note and the sound of the howling gears in my transfer case. It's not that I don't love music. Music is one of my favorite things in the world and I love it so much that I feel it deserves a silent background. I never got much into car audio, it seems like the type of thing that makes an inconspicuous work truck, into a target for thieves, so I have focused my limited time and effort on stationary (home) audio systems. Here's a photo of 2 homebrew 200w (that's an insane level of power for a tube amplifier) mirror imaged, push pull parallel, direct coupled, class A/b2 power amplifiers, rising home in the back of my Fj55, on a 250+ mile round trip.

If I'm going to be stone deaf, I want some choice in the matter.

20240316_172634.jpg

I'm a bit of an audio snob. I don't see much point in an audio system for a truck that's so loud going down the road that it'll make you deaf... You're going to add more spl to that? No thanks. I prefer to listen to the engine noises, my exhaust note and the sound of the howling gears in my transfer case. It's not that I don't love music. Music is one of my favorite things in the world and I love it so much that I feel it deserves a silent background. I never got much into car audio, it seems like the type of thing that makes an inconspicuous work truck, into a target for thieves, so I have focused my limited time and effort on stationary (home) audio systems. Here's a photo of 2 homebrew 200w (that's an insane level of power for a tube amplifier) mirror imaged, push pull parallel, direct coupled, class A/b2 power amplifiers, rising home in the back of my Fj55, on a 250+ mile round trip.

If I'm going to be stone deaf, I want some choice in the matter.

View attachment 3589881

- Pre-Covid 19 the AM Band Range in my Central Atlantic Area was pretty stuffed every few tuner peg 1/4-1/2 turns something , even Phillys Ball on a Hot summer night

- now ?

- its like the Walking Dead Static ?

- i did notice a few mom and pop AM stations are now FM ......

Does any one else notice this Phänomenon now ?

- NPR Public Radio had 3 stations , now only 2 i can find ....

sad , but i think more then Folks died due that crap storm ....:(

Round these parts, all of the available stations are bought up by the same religious entity when they come up for sale. My friend was at one point running a low power FM and couldn't get a license to increase the power because all of the available stations in our area are owned already. Nobody broadcasting, but owned none the less, and not interested in selling.
We do still have an excellent community radio station, and NPR, however NPR has lost a lot of credibility with me recently and I don't particularly like the way that they've covered the left/right political devide in this country.
Support your local community radio, where you'll hear a diversity of voices and opinions, and probably better music too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom