The MUD 100 series Videos thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cool videos.

I have to disagree on the cdl only when sol. ;)

Cdl should be engaged most of the time off road. Better on the truck and the trail. Gives you more control. The power shifting 100 percent from front to rear axle as you climb is not a good thing and actually impedes progress making way harder than it should be.

LOL, I just didn't need her pressing it for fun. Kind of like telling a child "don't touch that button, it'll launch you out". Only, it's harder to convince a grown woman of that :rofl:

Little video of our 105 getting over one of the Ledge Point dunes in Western Australia.

Mongoose, do you air down at all? I know going below 20psi on rocky trails makes a night and day difference!

This was the first time I'd aired down for a trail with this truck. It did make a big difference in the ride quality. Being that it was wet that day I wanted as much help as possible to prevent slippage and bouncing. I went down to 20 psi, roughly.

Fun fact: if you have Rock Warrior wheels with the beauty rings still on, and rigid metal valve stems in the tires, you can't use a deflator tool. The ring blocks it. I had a rubber stem on one of the tires (spare that was rotated in) and it was fine to bend and fit, but had to use the pokey bit on a cheap air gauge to deflate the rest.

Went out to Choccolocco with cruisers and mini truck crawlers from the DixieLand Cruisers and Georgia Cruisers. Could only wheel for half of the day but it was a cool park with a lot of steep climbs and rocks. I have a lot of footage, but just haven't had the time to upload it to youtube.

Location Cliff Insane Terrain Park, IL - they call this mountain superman because it is their tallest. Sorry for the potato cam quality:

Deck removal machine

Went out to Choccolocco with cruisers and mini truck crawlers from the DixieLand Cruisers and Georgia Cruisers. Could only wheel for half of the day but it was a cool park with a lot of steep climbs and rocks. I have a lot of footage, but just haven't had the time to upload it to youtube.

This would have been a cool trip to make. Looks like it was fun. I was a little apprehensive because the GA Cruiser guys are running trails we can't touch. Was that what you were referring to by 'only got to wheel for half the day'?

Location Cliff Insane Terrain Park, IL - they call this mountain superman because it is their tallest. Sorry for the potato cam quality:

Considering you've just recently gotten your truck, I'm really impressed/admiring at how often you're out wheeling it!

Considering you've just recently gotten your truck, I'm really impressed/admiring at how often you're out wheeling it!
Thanks Mongoose. We have been trying to get out once a month. There are no good public places around Madison to wheel. I am planning a week long outing around the kids spring break in late March. I will start a new thread to get some ideas

Haha - yeah I'm glad I made it too. Halfway through I was getting kinda nervous and feeling a little stupid. But I sure as hell didn't want to turn around!

It's stock AHC in high mode (gonna do the AHC lift soon) and I've got 275/70-18s on it (33s).
Very similar to mine, tires and AHC. Honestly that looked like a perfect bow wave IMHO! Well done!

So impressive what these things can do.
Yup! It was crazy up there today. The fire road was muddy and slipper, part of it washed out.

A video of our trip to Sedona playing around on the devils staircase in broken arrow

The other videos are of sidewinder at coral canyon OHV in San Diego.

You will have to excuse the shaky video and sometimes running commentary! My wife is amazing at many things but off-road videos is not one of them.....just blessed that she enjoys coming along for the ride!

All the best

[youtube]cwqq2sHZyAg[/youtube]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom