The MUD 100 series Photos thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First time I've seen a condition the Land Cruiser can't get through. It's not the epic storm, which missed us by 150 miles. It is the snow plow truck buried us with 2 foot wall of ice. I've seen much worst (3' to 4' foot with 5 to 6' foot drifts) snow storm in Denver. I admit this was a super wet very heavy snow. So much so my winter clothing become soaked while shoveling, which was a first. But to pile a mountain of wet snow just before temp drop from 33F to 18F freeze it, made an ice wall only heavy equipment can remove. We've another storm coming tonight. Needless to say, we're stuck home for now. Neighbor over-due to give birth, well this could get interesting!

The driveway and steering converge about 12" below bottom of my glove. It's solid ice on street side and slush and water on driveway side.

Frozen solid.
IMG_1069.JPEG

IMG_1063.JPEG

IMG_1078.JPEG

IMG_1065.JPEG

IMG_1071.JPEG

As a pilot, I've watch weather systems most of my life. This was the largest low pressure system I've seen cross the panhandle, as it heads east. Had the slow moving eye of the low been 75 to 150 further south, as it sat here for two days. This would have been epic. As it was, we about 20". But it was so warm and wet as it snowed, it did accumulate first 12 hours. Had it been a cold snow we'd have maybe 30" to 40" remaining this morning.

Last edited:
First time I've seen a condition the Land Cruiser can't get through. It's not the epic storm, which missed us by 150 miles. It is the snow plow truck buried us with 2 foot wall of ice. I've seen much worst (3' to 4' foot with 5 to 6' foot drifts) snow storm in Denver. I admit this was a super wet very heavy snow. So much so my winter clothing become soaked while shoveling, which was a first. But to pile a mountain of wet snow just before temp drop from 33F to 18F freeze it, made an ice wall only heavy equipment can remove. We've another storm coming tonight. Needless to say, we're stuck home for now. Neighbor over-due to give birth, well this could get interesting!

The driveway and steering converge about 12" below bottom of my glove. It's solid ice on street side and slush and water on driveway side.

Frozen solid.
View attachment 2614813
View attachment 2614822

View attachment 2614824
View attachment 2614825
View attachment 2614826

As a pilot, I've watch weather systems most of my life. This was the largest low pressure system I've seen cross the panhandle, as it heads east. Had the slow moving eye of the low been 75 to 150 further south, as it sat here for two days. This would have been epic. As it was, we about 20". But it was so warm and wet as it snowed, it did accumulate first 12 hours. Had it been a cold snow we'd have maybe 30" to 40" remaining this morning.
A mattock comes in handy for breaking up that kind of frozen snow.

I took my little dude with me to the local WMA, unfortunately some local “mod bogging champs” decided to ruin it for the rest of us. The gates were closed and the DNR officer was not so happy about it when I asked why the gate was locked. Either way I got my obligatory poser/jeeper pics lol.

B370F2BB-4F50-437D-AED9-14DC95484144.jpeg

E10E8247-DDEC-40D8-89F2-D639CC027303.jpeg

4AF8E874-DBD8-476E-9081-30060AE5A4B7.jpeg

Finally! We got to really get out and take a trip with the LX.

Currently in the far West Arizona area about 30 minutes East of Quartzite.
KOFA is literally just down the road and BLM land is all around too.
We are staying with family who are local here and they are showing us around offroad.

Yesterday we went to Queen Canyon and had lunch inside "Skull Rock".
Easy and fun trail if you are in the area and get a chance.
Lots to see and do, enjoy!

1615906230808.png

1615906292184.png

1615906328551.png

did a portion of the KAT and DBBB over the weekend. Man what a trip! cant wait to go back.
I've done most of the DBBB on a dirt bike and it was a bit of a yawn-fest, but there were definitely sections I was grateful I was on two wheels. I bet it was a lot more exciting in a 100! Well done, sir!

I've done most of the DBBB on a dirt bike and it was a bit of a yawn-fest, but there were definitely sections I was grateful I was on two wheels. I bet it was a lot more exciting in a 100! Well done, sir!
i was mostly on the KAT and the highlight of my trip was doing the Hard 11 Trail. man that was alot of hard fun wheeling. the portion of the DBBB was by RRG and it was ok. We spent a night at that area where the KAT and DBBB connect,

Not bad for a disorganised last minute run through Julimar State Forest, Western Australia. Good times with great people, as always, what more could you ask for?

E4KRxiD.jpg

4XfIUBe.jpg

EVrcrp1.jpg

b3mGhdA.jpg

vEJhwPk.jpg

9xwfioi.jpg

5At9ffr.jpg

Not bad for a disorganised last minute run through Julimar State Forest, Western Australia. Good times with great people, as always, what more could you ask for?

E4KRxiD.jpg

4XfIUBe.jpg

EVrcrp1.jpg

b3mGhdA.jpg

vEJhwPk.jpg

9xwfioi.jpg

5At9ffr.jpg
tim allen h0 h0 h0.gif

We headed out today to Mud Canyon with temps in the sixties and a bit of wind, so we elected to setup in the sun to keep from getting chilled.

Two of our group can’t hike and hung back with the vehicles.

Two more needed to turn back after fifteen minutes and so the two guys got a few pics and headed back to join the others for a late lunch.

I could have driven further in (less than a hundred yards or so) before needing to back out or turn around, so I just hiked in and got to see the arches.

The locals say that with each annual monsoon season, the layout and structure of the canyon walls are changing from year to year and what you see one year may be washed away and gone the next. Pretty cool to see sheer walls in some spots and smooth curves in others.

_MG_0046.jpg

_MG_0054.jpg

_MG_0079.jpg

_MG_0088.jpg

_MG_0095.jpg

_MG_0107.jpg

_MG_0111.jpg

Went out solo today, told family where I would be and how long and then when I was finally back on pavement. More great views and temps were about 81 at 1pm. Been checking out some recommendations from here and chose to check out "Dripping Springs" today. Good mix of surface types/elevation changes and the LX felt really planted and at ease. I did not see the cabin as I took a wrong turn at the end. The trail gets a bit more challenging toward the end and I was the one bringing home dinner and was getting hungry myself! So after about 6 miles in I turned around and headed home. Time on the trail was right at 2 hours. Still a great day and my love relationship with the 100 series is just getting stronger with each outing. Such a great rig!

_MG_0128.jpg
_MG_0117.jpg
_MG_0122.jpg
_MG_0127.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.49.24 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom