The Mother-In-Law... Build thread, Intro, and request for guidance ('03 LX470) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I took advantage of my in-laws beautiful countryside landscape to snap a few glamour shots of the LX as well.

IMG_1062 3.JPG

IMG_1066 2.JPG

I got a chance to test the auxiliary lights later that night and all I can say is WOW! I've used Rigid many times in the past, but this is my first time using Baja Designs. Those LP9s are exgtremely bright, and I like the fact that you can run them as long range spots or a wider driving pattern. I should have gotten some pictures so everyone can see the difference. Next time I'm out in the boonies I'll try and get some pictures. The Rigid driving lights in the front bumper make a very nice flat and wide beam that will really make a big difference for everyday driving. They will be very helpful seeing animals, etc. in the ditches on the sides of the road at night as well.

The build is really coming along great and glad everyone was safe from that accident. How’s the wheel/tire combo working out with the AHC after the TB adjustments and rebaselining? I’m going to pull the trigger on the same combo this month but want to make sure it’s just TB, pinch weld and AHC adjustments.

The build is really coming along great and glad everyone was safe from that accident. How’s the wheel/tire combo working out with the AHC after the TB adjustments and rebaselining? I’m going to pull the trigger on the same combo this month but want to make sure it’s just TB, pinch weld and AHC adjustments.
So far it's been great. Initially I was driving around with the suspension setting more towards comfort, but it was really too "boaty" for my liking. Bumps in the road caused too much body movement and it was just a bit too squishy. I clicked it over one more towards Sport and it took most of that squishy feeling out without being harsh. Being able to get the truck into H mode is nice too. The tires and wheels seem to clear fine, and I haven't noticed any rubbing at all going in and out of parking lots, nor going up small hills at my in-law's. This tire combo creates more road noise, but it's not obnoxious. And thanks to @BenCC I have center caps for the front wheels. We had to drill holes in the back of the Icon center caps and then heat the backside up with a small butane torch in order to get the Icon sticker off the front. I used a small pick to push the sticker off from the back of the Icon center cap. Then I used trim adhesive to stick them to the new center caps from Ben. Definitely makes the truck look more finished with the front center caps installed.

Thanks. My plan was to install everything, then get Techstream up and running. Then I can fiddle with the adjusters and TBs. I'm having trouble downloading VB though. I have a MacBook Pro running Cortana iOS, and I keep getting an error when I try and install VB. I tried a couple of versions of VB and I get the error with all of them. I think maybe the ones I've selected are not compatible with Cortana. Anyone know which one is?
Huh? MacBook with Cortana iOS?

I've been thoroughly enjoying this truck, and haven't done much else to it since my last post. I did get all the chrome trim deleted (and painted black), and then I had a photographer get some great shots of it. He does such an awesome job capturing vehicles in just the right light and angle. If anyone is in the Houston area and wants some professional pics taken send me a PM and I will send you his contact info. He is extremely reasonable, and he has several locations around town where he shoots these cool shots. I thought I would post some of them here since they turned out so awesome.... For some reason it's not letting me upload files. It says they are too big even though I have posted larger file sizes in this thread already. I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is and post the pics once I get it resolved....

I've been thoroughly enjoying this truck, and haven't done much else to it since my last post. I did get all the chrome trim deleted (and painted black), and then I had a photographer get some great shots of it. He does such an awesome job capturing vehicles in just the right light and angle. If anyone is in the Houston area and wants some professional pics taken send me a PM and I will send you his contact info. He is extremely reasonable, and he has several locations around town where he shoots these cool shots. I thought I would post some of them here since they turned out so awesome.... For some reason it's not letting me upload files. It says they are too big even though I have posted larger file sizes in this thread already. I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is and post the pics once I get it resolved....
Looking forward to these

Blacking out the chrome was a home run.

@CPC post these in the “photos” thread for everyone to enjoy

Last edited:
Looks awesome, nice work! Good inspiration for my LX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom