The Maze destinations: Panorama Point or Maze Overlook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to plan a family trip the the Maze district of Canyonlands next spring. I've been into Standing Rocks, but never to either Panorama Point or the Maze Overlook. The both sound like spectactular destinations, but we won't be able to visit both. Any recommedations?

Hayes

I think it totally depends on what you want to do. Maze Overlook isn't the most spectacular view but it does give you access down into the Maze. So if you are there to hike and spend a few days go that route. Otherwise the view from Panorama Point is much better in my experience. I've looped it down from Green River and came out near Goblin. I highly recommend that route.
dmc

The overlook is awesome

The Doll House is way cool too (should have went farther than Standing Rocks). You can hike down to the Colorado River. (Spanish Bottom, turn downstream to hike to sand beack about 1/2 mile down)

The Flint Trail is cool.

The whole place is COOL

Kofoed said:
The overlook is awesome

The Doll House is way cool too (should have went farther than Standing Rocks). You can hike down to the Colorado River. (Spanish Bottom, turn downstream to hike to sand beack about 1/2 mile down)

The Flint Trail is cool.

The whole place is COOL

And if you have the energy, continue on the Spanish bottom trail that comes out near the confluence overlook on the Elephant hill trail. (I will do that hike one day, but first I have to do Spanish Bottom). Spanish Bottom was part of the old "Outlaw Trail" and from what i've read the only access to the east from the Roost. As for the Maze, couldnt tell ya. I have yet to get out there. You will need a permit if you are camping there.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom