The Knitting Circle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are planning on Saturday, then head to Gips in Bessemer for some beer and blues.

Fun times for sure. Cruiser did great. Fun being able to do that then cruise at 85 the way home.

CE046B8C-3514-4503-B781-1F8465F739F8.jpeg

A2C86DFC-9A7D-47F4-841E-5DA9D520E00F.jpeg

045F972B-A2EA-4C74-B142-A64A075BB702.png

We did them both. no real issues on 600-2 other than its was rocky and being just us two I didn't want to break something. I took a few spare parts and tools( and beer for the end), so we would have been fine. We had a great time. Was a perfect day for it. Wasn't crowded at all, i expected to see more vehicles.

We did them both. no real issues on 600-2 other than its was rocky and being just us two I didn't want to break something. I took a few spare parts and tools( and beer for the end), so we would have been fine. We had a great time. Was a perfect day for it. Wasn't crowded at all, i expected to see more vehicles.
Nice, I think 600-2 is a little more fun but not as scenic. Did the beginning of 600-2 seem to be graded or was it rutted out?

I would agree on the scenic. Goal for us was to get away from the kids and just enjoy the outdoors. so that was perfect. The views are great. and Wife had never been to Cheaha.

You could tell they put in some ditches for water draining at some points. But i saw that post on Alabama overland and was some what confused it didn't seem " worked" when i went through. Maybe i should have paid more attention. hell the scratches on my truck would tell you it wasn't either. There weren't many ruts though and I have nothing to compare it to.

Headed to cookville TN on monday to get another new old daily driver. Well kept LX.

Will allow me to keep the white 80 a weekend/project rig aka 37”s, 3:1 case, blah blah

Anybody want to ride and then drive it back:popcorn:

C37E281A-4B05-46DF-BED9-49618905FCD6.jpeg

659FA3C3-0133-4502-A1A3-C919533A85D5.jpeg

DE7D6C53-642F-4570-8255-F792ED6E5798.jpeg

28090137-3D51-42DD-A411-50D73A840DC0.jpeg

@Bama4door
The 80 was a toy, then became a DD, and I want it be a toy again so it can be down for bigger mods.

The LX has 200k on it and a stack of $15K+ worth of maintenance receipts. It was fully serviced at dealership for 150k.
Leaving it stock-ish.....

Almost pulled the trigger on a 100, but passed. We’ll see how it works out.

Here’s my post in 80 chit chat:

Ok. So I have a nice-ish 80 on 315s that was a toy that has become my DD. It works out ok because my commute is short and the MPGs doesn’t really matter. Really like it.

I’d really like to build it more aka less DD friendly aka mods that take more than a few hours to complete aka need another something to drive around.

OPTIONS

1) I hate cars. Have never owned one ever. I drove my wife’s Subaru for a week trying to make it work, but just hate sitting low, not being to tow a trailer, no storage space, blahhhh a car.

2) went and drove two 100 series.... very nice .... still loving the 3rd row... was sold, but at the same time not so much. No soul? Well, not as much soul. Very very nice truck, but just a little too overboard for me. Can get expensive quick.

3) Tundra. Looking at CC Tundra’s and sequoias. Have had both in the past, nice trucks, less soul than a 100 series. Boring. Get expensive quick. Ummmmmm 4.7l......

4) Tacomas. People think they are made of platinum, plated in bitcoin, plated in gold. And too small. Been driving my sons 3rd gen 4runner and it is just a tin can compare to the Crusier.

5) smaller tires on 80, DD it, build a 60/55 toy? Hummmm. Tried it. 80 is the best overall rig. It just is. Does everything right.

6) clean, stock LX450.... get ANOTHER 80/450?? Sillyness?? Shenanigans!?!?

Hear me out... Get a nice one, no lockers, clean inside, old lady driven edition, know how to fix them, “cool”, good resale, fun trucks. No, still can’t tow for s***, but otherwise pretty solid.

Why can’t I get a $6000 LX as a DD AND have an 80 decked out on 37”s as a weekend toy? Is that dumb?

I don’t know what else I’d rather buy for $6k.

@TachedOutOffRoad just take the door card off and speaker out. You should be able to see the aluminum window tract that the window sits in. Does the motor still work? If so, should be able to place window back in the tract.

Remember these are 20+ year old trucks with lots of miles. Stuff like this will happen over time.

We may have wrenched again today...

Went down to Montgomery this past weekend and scored this 96 LX450. The body is in great shape, however it only ran for about 10 seconds and was never able to start back up when I checked it out. The guy just wanted out of his yard so I brought it home for a steal. It's been sitting for the past 3yrs with a leaky sunroof so the inside is the funkiest i've ever smelled. At the end of the day, I look forward to throwing myself further into debt with yet another project lol
IMG_6611.JPG
IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6615.JPG

Nice find!

I’m pretty sure that is the one that’s been for sale off and on for about 5 years now. I went and looked at it about 3 years ago and passed. It had a blown HG, that was obvious and as you describe the sunroof was left open for a year of sitting even then. He had loaned it to a friend and his friend pretty much just let it rot, once he got it back, he had it in this condition, and I believe wanted around $1500 for it, but as it sat, I am not sure I would have paid $500 for it. The interior had zero to salvage.
If he lived near Lake Jordan, if this is the one, then I hope you truly stole it.
@Godwin and I passed on it a few years ago.

And if you really did steal it and you decide you don't want to fool with it, I will be happy to come take it off your hands. Since I mostly just need the the chassis and running gear the nasty interior would not concern me.

Don't need another project, but for the right price, I can let it sit in the yard until I'm ready to fool with it.

Lol, nope. Love that old beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom