"The external system is not connected" when accessing CD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm new here. I bought a 2006 LC a few months ago. I've searched and cannot find my exact problem mentioned.

Navigation, climate, and AM/FM radio work fine. But when I press the DISC button is says "The external system is not connected" across the top of the display.

I'm not sure how the CD magazine in the center console is supposed to work but the eject button causes the lid to flip open, but nothing else. Should the magazine come out?

Has anyone seen this issue before or can suggest what to investigate?

thanks

Last edited:
Update: I checked the RADIO fuse in the passenger side box and it looks fine. That caused the Nav system to restart but the same issue is there.

Hello, I'm new here. I bought a 2006 LC a few months ago. I've searched and cannot find my exact problem mentioned.

Navigation, climate, and AM/FM radio work fine. But when I press the DISC button is says "The external system is not connected" across the top of the display.

I'm not sure how the CD magazine in the center console is supposed to work but the eject button causes the lid to flip open, but nothing else. Should the magazine come out?

Has anyone seen this issue before or can suggest what to investigate?

thanks
The changer may be disconnected at the harness. Not sure If you canT simply reconnect it by pulling out cup holder bracket you just remove the glove box and you can check the connection

Thanks, I will look for the connection and post an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom