The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sure this 83 been listed before. Think he used his old text and removed the roof rack but didn't delete the text. As I remember that awful grill guard required drilling holes. Probably why it hasn't been removed. For that kind of money would go back as close to stock as possible including the factory bumper and rear step. He admitted he has had the winch for years and never used. Brand new tires that are old. This is a collector cruiser that will never be really used off-road. This is the type of cruiser that is kept in a conditioned garage with a shiny painted floor that will have framed factory sale literature on the wall behind it. Your going to want it to look as close as possible to the original literature. Oh and spend the money and do a OEM replacement of the old sagging head liner. And anyone doing a inspection check the radio cut out. These were smaller than the standard DIN. Not sure any radio with a CD player will fit in the stock opening. When I bought parts off that 84 HJ47RV had a few requests to check the insert dash. They we're hoping to find one that wasn't cut for a larger radio because theirs had. The 84 was cut also.

Pretty sure this 83 been listed before. Think he used his old text and removed the roof rack but didn't delete the text. As I remember that awful grill guard required drilling holes. Probably why it hasn't been removed. For that kind of money would go back as close to stock as possible including the factory bumper and rear step. He admitted he has had the winch for years and never used. Brand new tires that are old. This is a collector cruiser that will never be really used off-road. This is the type of cruiser that is kept in a conditioned garage with a shiny painted floor that will have framed factory sale literature on the wall behind it. Your going to want it to look as close as possible to the original literature. Oh and spend the money and do a OEM replacement of the old sagging head liner. And anyone doing a inspection check the radio cut out. These were smaller than the standard DIN. Not sure any radio with a CD player will fit in the stock opening. When I bought parts off that 84 HJ47RV had a few requests to check the insert dash. They we're hoping to find one that wasn't cut for a larger radio because theirs had. The 84 was cut also.

Not sure on a 83 but on my 82 the factory radio cut out was made for a radio with knobs on each side that is until Murf bought it:rolleyes:

Not sure on a 83 but on my 82 the factory radio cut out was made for a radio with knobs on each side that is until Murf bought it:rolleyes:

Not sure where the knobs were but it had a rectangular opening that was smaller then standard size radio. Which is the same size as 73-82 radio opening which is why most are cut. In my collection of cruisers and parts have a few of those. One on a cowl that was off a wrecked cruiser and the other on cruiser with all kinds holes cut in the dash but not the radio opening.:meh:

$100,000 and can't post better pictures. Maybe CDan needs this up at the museum

I'll sell my 3 owner "83 for less than half that. It's just holding my garage floor down.

I'll sell my 3 owner "83 for less than half that. It's just holding my garage floor down.
But your's has been off-road! That should be worth a twenty thou premium based on the ad's wacky reasoning

Just saw this on craigslist while browsing, no affiliation...

2006 toyota land cruiser

First year out with a five speed.:hmm: not sure they improved the engine, thought VVTI was before that. Probably the first with AHC in a LC or was it 2005? Sounds too much like used car salesman. This one is very special. Doubt I would pay that much for any stock 100 series with that many miles.

First year out with a five speed.:hmm: not sure they improved the engine, thought VVTI was before that. Probably the first with AHC in a LC or was it 2005? Sounds too much like used car salesman. This one is very special. Doubt I would pay that much for any stock 100 series with that many miles.

5sp 2003+
VVTI 2006+
AHC in a LC 2006+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom