The cheapest 2006 GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was able to buy this amazing 2006 dark blue GX470 with 2 owners and 186k miles for only $6200 out the door. Original price was 5500 before fees. I was able to get this so cheap because it was a trade in at the dealership I work at and I had to literally run on to the sales floor to put my name on it first before someone else did because that car had been appraised a few days earlier and there was already chatter about some of the other salesman trying to buy it. I got it free and clear and it has been amazing. There is ZERO DASH CRACKS, and yet there is (at least on the carfax report) no record of the dash being replaced. it does not have KDSS but was fully loaded with every other option like rear climate and a spoiler and the ML audio. Currently it as at the shop because after 2 weeks of owning it and taking it on a short road trip, the front CV gave out, and while its there since I am getting a AAA discount with the tow I am having them do the timing belt since there is no record of it even being replaced, not even for 90k. It also had upgraded Power stop slotted and drilled rotor and the brakes are amazing.

Was also able to snag a really clean 2013 Scion FR-S for cheap wholesale as well. I have also swapped the wheels off my 4Runner on to the Lexus and will be probably selling the 4Runner soon. I have been following the GX world for a while but if there is anything else I should know feel free to comment.
IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg
IMG_5674.jpeg

I was able to buy this amazing 2006 dark blue GX470 with 2 owners and 186k miles for only $6200 out the door. Original price was 5500 before fees. I was able to get this so cheap because it was a trade in at the dealership I work at and I had to literally run on to the sales floor to put my name on it first before someone else did because that car had been appraised a few days earlier and there was already chatter about some of the other salesman trying to buy it. I got it free and clear and it has been amazing. There is ZERO DASH CRACKS, and yet there is (at least on the carfax report) no record of the dash being replaced. it does not have KDSS but was fully loaded with every other option like rear climate and a spoiler and the ML audio. Currently it as at the shop because after 2 weeks of owning it and taking it on a short road trip, the front CV gave out, and while its there since I am getting a AAA discount with the tow I am having them do the timing belt since there is no record of it even being replaced, not even for 90k. It also had upgraded Power stop slotted and drilled rotor and the brakes are amazing.

Was also able to snag a really clean 2013 Scion FR-S for cheap wholesale as well. I have also swapped the wheels off my 4Runner on to the Lexus and will be probably selling the 4Runner soon. I have been following the GX world for a while but if there is anything else I should know feel free to comment.
View attachment 2370916
View attachment 2370917View attachment 2370922

VERY NICE!! You got a steal of a deal.

Great deal!

How badly did the CV fail? Curious if you have any photos of that.

Great deal!

How badly did the CV fail? Curious if you have any photos of that.

I took a screenshot from the video i filmed but basically what happened was it popped out of the front diff puking all the fluid out. my mom was driving it home from the road trip and she had no idea it happened. I only noticed when i got out of my scion that i parked next to it on the driveway and since it was so low to the ground I could smell the fluid. The guy at the shop said that the part failed and there was missing hardware. I noted before this happened when i swapped the wheels that that CV shaft did not look original on that side and showed the slightest amount of seepage but did not look serous, apparently it was. im talking like if it was on your glove and just wiped on by accident so i figured i would just have it looked at with the next oil change. but about 100 miles later was when it came out.
View attachment 2371246

I took a screenshot from the video i filmed but basically what happened was it popped out of the front diff puking all the fluid out. my mom was driving it home from the road trip and she had no idea it happened. I only noticed when i got out of my scion that i parked next to it on the driveway and since it was so low to the ground I could smell the fluid. The guy at the shop said that the part failed and there was missing hardware. I noted before this happened when i swapped the wheels that that CV shaft did not look original on that side and showed the slightest amount of seepage but did not look serous, apparently it was. im talking like if it was on your glove and just wiped on by accident so i figured i would just have it looked at with the next oil change. but about 100 miles later was when it came out.
View attachment 2371246
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.05.29 PM.png

Nice truck - good color. The recall claimed that the dashes cracked in hot and/or humid climates, so yours perhaps just didn't. I would keep some Lexol vinyl protectant slathered on there, on occasion.

Nice truck - good color. The recall claimed that the dashes cracked in hot and/or humid climates, so yours perhaps just didn't. I would keep some Lexol vinyl protectant slathered on there, on occasion.
I live in California it gets hot here I think I’m just extremely lucky. I use griots garage leather conditioner that I put on it the day I bought it. I’m also looking in to a windshield sun deflector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom