The broken anti-wrap bar.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mine before I covered it up
PB100006_zps7sfo2cqv.jpg

I foolishly built the first one out of some like 3/8 wall poo pipe I had laying around. Pulled it apart, not even at the weld. Built this one a little different. Heims and tabs. 2” .250 lower and 1.5” .250 upper. 2” .250 dom bushing sleeves.
2FA91709-9CDC-41B8-A6F1-C2766BA99C28.jpeg

My 14bolt tubes are welded too.

This is a pretty good primer on building your own suspension design.

And Antisquat/antidive.

Those videos are great! I've spent way too much time watching and educating myself and still quite a few to see. Answered A LOT of mystery for me. Thanks Mace!!

Ditto on the videos Mace posted, watched them several times, did my measurements, read a dozen other builds, narrowed down which brackets I wanted to run, then plugged everything into the 4link calculator. Best mod ever (and I'd bought the joints and truss 10 years ago, so long overdue). Ended up at roughly 106" on 16" ORIs, then broke down and paid someone to hack off my tub and build a half proper cage.

On the wrap bar side - I also run a 14B, and had built a 2" square by 0.25 wall bar many years ago. Even with a tiny heim/shackle tied to my skidplate, never had any real issues with it - running super soft flipped stock 40 springs with 39's. But at 98" it sucked in vertical climbs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom