The 3FJ40 drives!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
Took almost 2 years, but the 3FJ40 is driving (3F-E into my 40)! Yay! Immediate notes: 3F-E is WAY faster. RPMs feel like a re-geared 2F. It has power throughout much of the band whereas before it did not with the aged 2F.

Considering the auto tranny in the 62/80 is about 20% higher geared than my H42, it's almost like driving it with 4.88s with those stock tires and 4.11s. Yeah, I know that the RPMs are fine, but it's amazing how much more grunt this seems to have (okay, granted my old 2F was getting pretty worn).

The annyoning stuff now like the new 4core radiator I got busted a seam on the inagural drive home; the muffler shop exited the pipe out the BACK of the cruiser when I clearly said the SIDE and causes some seriously stinky driving, the new 4" lift springs lift the front WAY more than the back :doh:.

Thigs to do:

1. New fenders
2. Take top off :)
3. 315 tire swap from the 80 & 16" wheels from a Tundra (got spacers).
4. Roll cage.

Man that radiator makes me MAD!

3fj40 said:
Thigs to do:

1. New fenders
2. Take top off :)
3. 315 tire swap from the 80 & 16" wheels from a Tundra (got spacers).
4. Roll cage.

Man that radiator makes me MAD!

First thing to do is take a bunch of pics post them up with a detailed writeup so those of us who have a 3fe sitting in the garage waiting for someone to do this can get started. :flipoff2:

I know you have an auto but I wonder if a 4sp will work just as well. Or will the low torque at low rpms hurt.

Good job!:D

Congrats, I am about half way through my swap to the 3FE.

Any immediate issues that you can make us aware of?

Post those PICS!

Custom exhaust w/ the dual 3F-E manifolds with the tight bends and keeping above the skid plate cost me an arm & a leg!

I have a 4Runner pedal ass'y in there right now that I'm trying to rectify.

Fuel line connections were a PITA and totally hacked (but working well). The rest was electrical wiring nightmare. I do NOT have the air pump on right now. I have not even begun to troubleshoot engine error codes :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom