That kicked ass... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
major thanks to the entire LSLC crew for an excellent event....we had a great great time, and it sure was hard to leave.

Holed up in Gainesville TX for the night, St Louis tomorrow nite. 80 is workin awesome, no problems whatsoever.

....zzzzzz......

Thanks for coming down Woody. Janae and I left after the a.m. trail run departed, so we didn't get to say goodbye. Goodbye. Hope to have you and C back next year...but not so "Cursed by the gods" this next time.

Thanks for the curds and we still owe you two bags of ice...

-Garth, Janae, Kade, Lily and Jax

That did kick ass...I had a great time. Finally got to put some faces to these names. Thanks to LSLC for the great event and all the sponsers. We had great weather and great times...even on the "flipping tree" :D I am already looking to the next event. This was my first of many. Garth y'all did a great job! :cheers:

I rolled into Bonham an hour ago, dropped off TP's truck in Ft Worth and Greg at DFW...sad to see the event end.......
A heartfelt thanks to those LSLC members that worked their ass' off to make this event by far the most fun stress free time I have ever seen at any event I have attended and that is a bunch....Another thanks to all of you guys that are in this forum because of the event, and now you understand when I say "Welcome to the family"....
I'll start a thread in a couple of days, for feedback, and we want it, we listen.....
Butch

holed up in St Louis for the nite....CourtYard Marriott, priced AWESOMELY thanks to a fellow MUD member ;)

80 is workin fine thus far....70mph at 3200 rpm seems to run nicely, but a nasty headwind this morning sure killed any chance of fuel mileage (still beats the Lemon tho...lol)

C is chillin with some wine, I've got a few beerz coolin too....up early, deal with the Lemon, and head'er for home....

TX_TLC said:
That did kick ass...I had a great time. Finally got to put some faces to these names. Thanks to LSLC for the great event and all the sponsers. We had great weather and great times...even on the "flipping tree" :D I am already looking to the next event. This was my first of many. Garth y'all did a great job! :cheers:
\

First feedback for ya Butch:

Thanks for the spot on that crack. It would have been more fun at half throttle like the previous climb, but you made it look easy. :D

Ed

TONS O FUN....had a blast...LOVE Katemcy and the fam out there...

Grandpa Kruse came up to me before we pulled out with a stack of 8-10 Cool Cruiser posters and asked me to autograph them for his farmer friends. I graciously said thank you for thinking that is me, but it isn't. He said, "Honey, my friends won't know the difference and I'll have something to brag about!" So, I autographed them "Happy Trails! Love, Kris" Boy, do I look good laid out across that 40 on that poster!!!

Shortly after that, he came back and told me he had delivered "my posters" and I am now gracing the walls of several barns in Katemcy, Texas....I didn't bother reminding him it wasn't me...

krisfj40 said:
TONS O FUN....had a blast...LOVE Katemcy and the fam out there...

Grandpa Kruse came up to me before we pulled out with a stack of 8-10 Cool Cruiser posters and asked me to autograph them for his farmer friends. I graciously said thank you for thinking that is me, but it isn't. He said, "Honey, my friends won't know the difference and I'll have something to brag about!" So, I autographed them "Happy Trails! Love, Kris" Boy, do I look good laid out across that 40 on that poster!!!

Shortly after that, he came back and told me he had delivered "my posters" and I am now gracing the walls of several barns in Katemcy, Texas....I didn't bother reminding him it wasn't me...

That's Grampa, he is one funny old man............ :D :D :D
I hope I am as spry if I live that long, he sure likes that Shiner BLOCK beer......

Rock Taxi said:
\

First feedback for ya Butch:

Thanks for the spot on that crack. It would have been more fun at half throttle like the previous climb, but you made it look easy. :D

Ed

Personally, I enjoyed watching/spotting you and High 5 do that more than the point and shoot stuff....... :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

We had a great time! Can't thank you guys enough, but here's a start. THANKS

We had an awesome time down there too!!! Butch, Kowboy, Garth, Nolen, Tom and the rest of the crew :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I showed down there knowing exactly TWO people in camp and left with a bunch of new friends! My wife is already talkign about next year!!!! I can't wait!

Thanks to all,
Mike Costello
(the ugly red, white and blue 40)

66fj40x2 said:
(the ugly red, white and blue 40)

oh yeah...the guy with the nice tow rig, the cute wife, and who didn't hand me my owed beer for the username change....

hehehehe....dont forget next time ;)

woody said:
oh yeah...the guy with the nice tow rig, the cute wife, and who didn't hand me my owed beer for the username change....

hehehehe....dont forget next time ;)

As a law abiding citizen :rolleyes: I couldn't...in good faith...let you have a beer as you where getting ready to drive cross country :D

:beer: with interest....when are you Cheeseheads coming to Oklahoma again? I'll have to drag my junk down there for that this year.

I had a great time. Thank you all.
Todd, Jerry, Mike, and Mike, It was great to meet and wheel with you.
This was one of the best events I have ever been to.
Thanks again.

Alec

home....today was only 450 miles....arrived 5pm....very uneventful trip, 80 kicked some butt.

now, to organize a few pics.....

Garlyn and I want to say thanks for the great weekend. Butch, Kowboy, TP, Garth, Nolen, Nick and everyone else -- ya'll did a great job. Thanks for everything.
:cheers:

I cant say enough. Thanx for all the hard work to make this such a great experience.

offrd63 said:
I had a great time. Thank you all.
Todd, Jerry, Mike, and Mike, It was great to meet and wheel with you.
This was one of the best events I have ever been to.
Thanks again.

Alec

Good to have met you Alec. IIRC, you had the OLDEST rig there, as far as sheetmetal goes.

After you mentioned it, this geographically challenged cruiser junky took another look at the map and said 'FAWK. SLC is a long way from Katemcy!' Good to hear you made it home safe.

Mark

My thank you list starts before I left LA and just keeps going.

Thanks to Texican for posting the phone list. I'd already used it 3 times by the time I got to El Paso.

Thanks to TornadoAlley for relaying the message.

Thanks to Josh Baker for rescueing me with an OE gas cap!

Thanks to Gary Coberly for a ride to the BBQ joint with the FREE BEER!

Thanks to Kowboy for not kicking me out of his 'little campfire' to which I attracted way too many people.

Thanks to Josh's friend Matt for reminding me and everyone else that there is a lot more music to listen to than what you hear on the radio.

Thanks to Nolen for hooking me up with the bunkhouse, and for bringing me and Mark Hawley breakfast Thursday morning. That's hospitality.

Thanks to Shane for being a sport and swapping on 'little tires' to lead the newbie run!

Thanks to Woody for the JB Weld and the decals.

Thanks to Texican for letting me ride bitch in your awesome machine while the JB weld was drying.

Thanks to Mark Hawley for being a great bunkmate, and for giving us all that welding demo on Nolen's rig. Too bad Jessie welds better than you! :flipoff2:

Thanks to Garth for believing me that David Dearborn will ever repay you for those raffle tickets! :flipoff2:

Thanks to Dearborn for spotting me the tickets! The cage match remains!

Thanks to Chris Hatfield for feeding me lunch on the trail both Thursday and Friday!

Thanks to the whole TLCA BOD for feeding us on Saturday morning. That was pepper in the eggs, right! ;p

Thanks to Killerpee for an even wilder ride Saturday!

Thanks to Lance for the PBJs on the trail Saturday!

Thanks to whoever it was that loaned me the needle and thread to patch my softtop.

Thanks to Nick Stone for another ride back to the BBQ place in Brady. Good times!

Thanks to all who attended our last nights uncampfire. You guys were sooo awesome, you inspired me to one of my most memorable performances ever!

And let me not forget the Kruses. Once I got to go out on the Saturday run, I finally got to see just how varied their little piece of God's green earth really is. From mild to wild, it really does just have about everything you could ask for. Katemcy ROCKS!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom