SOLD Texas 1997 Toyota Landcruiser with Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
$9000 obo
Starts, runs, drives straight, stays cool as it should. Although not showing in the pictures the CEL shows error codes related to emissions and stinks like fumes when it idles and sounds like it could run healthier. No major body damage or signs of prior accidents, just some dings. Clean title. Front driveshaft was recently refurbished. See pic of Lockers switch and dash lights.
***Mileage is 177,700***

As you can see in pics the paint is faded especially on hood and roof Some trim around paint is in bad shape. Front seats need reupholstery. Rest of interior is OK and clean, with a few plastic pieces cracked here and there due to age. Third row seats included. Sunroof opens and closes as it should. Carpet is clean and was vacuumed regularly. Some cracking on the dash.

Undercarriage is damage free with no known rust issues There is minor surface corrosion on some parts and some dirt caked to old undercoating. Feel free to request a pic of a specific area to confirm no rust, I’ll clean it off and post a photo of the fresh red or black toyota metal.

I don’t know what brand bumper it is and gear ratio seems to be stock.

There is a box of mostly Toyota parts and pieces in the back, a new spare tire on OEM wheel, towing bar, some roof rack items, and the big black wing thing, which is in good shape but slightly faded.

If there is a specific item you want a closeup picture of, let me know and I’ll try to get it posted right away. Vehicle is located in San Antonio, Texas and has a clear/normal title.

***EDIT*** This vehicle has been mostly sitting, with minimal use for the past 4 years and is not ready for a road trip without inspection and maintenance. Car transport is available through the internet and is a safe alternative for moving a 25-year old vehicle.

101.jpg

102.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
A few more pics, thank you for viewing our LC. Per request, will post a video of starting/running when there is daylight again.

105.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

someone is going to get lucky and pick this up.

P.S. Hello from Gatesville.

I’ve connected with OP to go take a look at it. Definitely curious about CEL and how it runs overall.

Thank you for your interest.

Video of start/idle/tailpipe:

There is a leak near front of engine, likely PS or Engine Oil. This reappeared this morning after running it for about 20-30 mins. I've edited the main description to bring attention to it.

Extra info on CEL. Still not able to get the codes to show up. One code was related to emissions/EGR/VSV and the other for a sensor on the driver side of the block.

The vehicle starts and runs smooth and drives straight for a 25 year old, 177k with almost no work put into it. I'm not a mechanic, toyota enthusiast, or fond of old cars so it sounds loud to me.

This vehicle will be great for an experienced LC/LX enthusiast looking for a great start on their next build. It's not ready for daily commuting on Monday morning or the Moab next weekend and is therefore priced accordingly.

Last edited:
Sent you a PM.

Pics added:
1 Rear of vehicle needs light cleaning and is ready for action. Bottle jack and tools are in there.
2 OEM wheel with spare that doesn't appear to have been used. Third row seats are also included.
3 Passenger area. Your mom won't be disgusted when you rescue her in this thing.
4 Side view, sunroof partially opened.
5 Undercarriage shot, circle where fluid leak is coming from. Just above black plate, about 4 inches from center (on driver side). Undercarriage spiders included at no extra charge.

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

Thanks for accepting the sale. Looking forward to to picking this up this week. See you all on Friday.

Thank you for your honesty and sharing all you did. It will be in a cruiser loving home. See you Friday!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom