test drove the tundra double cab!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wow, went to the local dealer to test drive the chev 2500 and i do say, that is one nice truck!

but, we went to another dealer and tried out the tundra double cab, and WOW is that thing nice!!! it shares some of the same parts as my moms es 300, and i must mention that that truck is FULL SIZE!! the bed is really deep, the rear window goes down just like a power window, has 8 speakers and a real nice sound system, and rides great! also faster than the 6.0 chevy! the only thing i dont like is the gauges are like the old land cruisers...without numbers. thats the only gripe! get this truck, my dad is!!!!! :D

The big problem with the Trundra is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s

hell no! the loaded one we drove was only like 34k!! thats only about 2k more than the chevy we drove! we know the head dealer at the toyota place so we will prolly pay less for the tundra!

Yeah I like the Tundra, was just reading an article last night about it. The double cab is almost a different truck than the std. and extra cab Tundra. IIRC it is 4 inches taller, 6 inches wider, bed is a couple inches deeper and has almost all new sheetmetal, making it much more "full size" than the other Tundras. I hadn't realized that, before reading the article. :D

yeah, that thing is a true full size! the bed is deeper than the chevy and it is 6" longer and some-odd inches wider than the new f-150! its really luxurious inside too, and the ride is great! stop by your dealer and take a look at it, you will be AMAZED at how big it is! toyota definately hit the nail on the head with that truck.

We are also looking at the Tundra fullsize. Have not test drove, but were impressed with prices and everything but driving. Good to hear you like how it drives.

-Matt

Agree with you there TJdiv, ah the 45 in all the good trim next to my super souped up 40, and my Alaska roadtrip, and the $8000 in the bank. Imagine

The Tundra is a sweet truck, I read a few months ago in FourWheeler or 4 Wheel & Off Road that Toyota was planning on building a 3/4 ton Tundra, anybody know anything about this. I'd buy a Tundra tomarrow if I could get one with a lever shifted T-case and a diesel, I know, wishful thinking.

Full size will be out in proly 2 years, with a dsl(not sure which)

I was(still am) interested in the DC Tundra was gonna drive one on friday. but a used 100 series makes a bit more sense right now. Bummed I was suppose to look at a bunch of 100's this weeked.................nasty flu bug got me beat down :'(

[quote author=TJDIV link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg75625#msg75625 date=1071433556]
Uh, 34 Grand on a truck?

No thanks...I'll go used and save 20 G's for my Cruisers. Imagine the FJ45 Double cab you could build for 34 Grand....
[/quote]
I need ta get rid of the 'turd'. Where can I get a FJ45DC??? 8)

"the loaded one we drove was only like 34k!!"

I am sorry but are we not talking about a pickup? I would only pay that for a BMW.

FK,

What parts exactly would a front wheel drive unibody sedan with a laterally mounted V6 (ES300) have in common with a 4WD body on frame pickup truck with longitudinally mounted V8? Huh? Maybe a couple of trim screws or a valve stem?? Heh.

DougM

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg75750#msg75750 date=1071464820]
FK,

What parts exactly would a front wheel drive unibody sedan with a laterally mounted V6 (ES300) have in common with a 4WD body on frame pickup truck with longitudinally mounted V8? Huh? Maybe a couple of trim screws or a valve stem?? Heh.

DougM
[/quote]

well i was talking mostly about the interior things, switches, gauges, etc....i was just refering to the fact that there is some classieness inside such as my ma's lex.

[quote author=DenverCruiser link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg75740#msg75740 date=1071462929]
"the loaded one we drove was only like 34k!!"

I am sorry but are we not talking about a pickup? I would only pay that for a BMW.
[/quote]

um well for 2k less you could get a 2500 chevy....steel rims, no sun roof, no roll down rear window, similar bed size, fewer features inside, worse ride....yeah, the chevy is a great deal! face it, a nice NEW truck is going to be a large chunk of change no matter what way you slice it..... :rolleyes: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

The Tundra has 3 demerits:

1) The engine needs another liter.

2) A manual transmission is NOT available.

3) No 8 foot box available with access or double cab.

Add those 3 items to the list of available stuff and you got yourself a TRUCK.

D-

well, i didnt mind the lack of an 8 ft box, or the manual problem, but i agree, 4.7 does sound kinda weak. but, dont count out the 4.7 until YOU yourself have driven it. i drove a 6.0 chev and 4.7 toy within one hour of each other, so i have the ability to compare. when you stomp on the toy, it IS faster than the chev, hands down. now, chev may be able to tow more, but i believe the tow rating on the toy is less than 1k less than the chevy. take it for what its worth, but i was a nay-sayer till i drove one.

it's not size that counts, it's how you use it... or the amount of stroke, or something like that.

what is it with you guys and having to have 600ft long "pickups" with displacements larger than a mortar crater?

we tow down here with inline six petrols and diesel fj/hj75's. slow but steady, horsefloats and big boats.

only 4.7litre engine bah.
rant off :)

I regularly get passed driving home from work by guys driving Cummins-powered Rams pulling motor homes, etc. Now that is towing.

ya, but we dont need diesel...or dodge for that matter :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom