test drove the tundra double cab!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something about buying "NEW." I just don't get it, honestly. Unless you've got the money to burn, which is still f*cking retarded.

All this talk about what these trucks are "capable" of means that they'll be getting "used" and beaten, then why drop $25G's on one when you can save a helluva lot of money and not take the loss?

Who knows. Parents didn't listen to me either on this, they lost $8,000 on a FORD.

Rot in hell.

[quote author=TJDIV link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg76120#msg76120 date=1071527142]
Something about buying "NEW." I just don't get it, honestly. Unless you've got the money to burn, which is still f*cking retarded.

All this talk about what these trucks are "capable" of means that they'll be getting "used" and beaten, then why drop $25G's on one when you can save a helluva lot of money and not take the loss?

Who knows. Parents didn't listen to me either on this, they lost $8,000 on a FORD.

Rot in hell.
[/quote]

problem with your parents, is they bought DOMESTIC. dont get me wrong, i am a chevy DIEHARD, but toyotas hold their value...theres no doubt about that.

btw, 8k isnt that bad, my dad bought a 98 chevy in 99 (5.7, loaded, cap, brush guard) and paid around 28k....he put it in the paper last week for 13,350 and had one call :(

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg75767#msg75767 date=1071467313]
The Tundra has 3 demerits:

1) The engine needs another liter.

2) A manual transmission is NOT available.

3) No 8 foot box available with access or double cab.

Add those 3 items to the list of available stuff and you got yourself a TRUCK.

D-
[/quote]
Lol Dan, we don't all need schoolbus dwarfing limo-like pickups. :flipoff2:

Is the Tundra available with a OEM rear locker like the Taco?
TRD supercharger available too right?
My dad is beginning to like the idea of a Toyota supercharged OEM rear locked Tundra.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg76261#msg76261 date=1071545071]
Lol Dan, we don't all need schoolbus dwarfing limo-like pickups. :flipoff2:
[/quote]

Like this one? :flipoff2:

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg76280#msg76280 date=1071546524]
Is the Tundra available with a OEM rear locker like the Taco?
TRD supercharger available too right?
My dad is beginning to like the idea of a Toyota supercharged OEM rear locked Tundra.
[/quote]
yep, locker is like 200 more, and the one we drove had it. my dad is getting it.

i imagine a supercharger is available, if there is one for the 4.7 i imagine it would fit in this truck.

[quote author=Fat Kid link=board=3;threadid=8766;start=msg76323#msg76323 date=1071551769]
yep, locker is like 200 more, and the one we drove had it. my dad is getting it.

i imagine a supercharger is available, if there is one for the 4.7 i imagine it would fit in this truck.
[/quote]
I'm now pretty sure there is, one of my 4x4 mags had a Tundra TRD blower writeup in it. Not cheap though
So when is your dad getting the blower, Fat Kid?

There is a TRD Supercharger for the Tundra 4.7 V8, it's ~$4100 on the web.

NICE :D

12004_Tundra_DC9-med.jpg

12004_Tundra_DC12-med.jpg

12004_Tundra_DC14-med.jpg

12004_Tundra_DC8-med.jpg

12004_Tundra_DC17-med.jpg

12004_Tundra_DC11-med.jpg

Nice Tundra Websight..

www.tundrasolutions.com

tundrasolutions.com has all of the info on the SC v8 including some timeslips I believe. There were alot of guys that got the SC very early on and experimented. We love our Tundra and I'd love to get the "Big Rig" Tundra in a couple of years. I've got the 4.7L in both the Lexus and the Tundra and it is a fantastic engine. Hauled our Porsche with the Tundra and a 6x12 Uhaul trailer with the LX470. The Tundra did fantastic and the LX470 did good too but downshifted alot more than the Tundra. She's got alot more weight than the Tundra though.

The refinement of the Tundra for a pick-up is what impresses me the most. It was quieter and rode smoother than my Acura family sedan I recently unloaded; and it can tow!!!

If you need another liter, get the SC and that will take care of business.

I bought a Tundra V-8 extended cab when they came out in 2000. After owning it a year I traded it for a Dodge 3500QC 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel with 30K miles on it for $25,000. The Dodge was more truck and you can't beat the CTD engine. The Tundra was more car like the Dodge was more HD.

hey thanks for the pics....thats the color we are getting, and the truck is much the same. 'cept that one has leather and is the "limited". the sr5 has a chrome grille (just giving a difference) and ours wont have leather....but you can bet the sun roof is in it! :D

There is no replacement for displacement.........on american cars at least.
Here is a crap american truck, hold your lunch:
h3t1.jpg

h3t3.jpg

The way new truck trends are going, this Tundra is gonna be top of the line. It has all TRD options (Super Charger, E-Locker) Ford has a new axle that 4wd Magizine has no clue about, good luck finding a locker for those new mystery axles.

For 34K I think I will take a base model Crew Cab F-250 w/ the powerstroke. Talk about room and power.

I have an 05 tundra double cab and I am quite happy with the truck so far. The moonroof and power rear window sort of feel like you're in a car. The 4.7 could use a little more torque when pulling or going uphills as it tends to kick down on cruise. I towed a 4200 pound 82BJ60 on a trailer a month ago and was actually surprised how well it manged it considering the smaller displacement.
If you step on it the motor sure moves the truck along pretty good for the small displacement at higher revs. The 2007 Tundras are offering the 4.7 litre and the 5.7 litre which might actually be a better choice as perhaps the 4.7 is a little overloaded. I guess it depends how much and often you are towing and if the 5.7 is geared such that it's highway cruising rpm is less than the 4.7 it might fair better on the mileage one gets.

At best I am getting 20 mpg canadian and the sticker says 23 so I am a bit disappointed with that although some suggest it has to break in. Not sure if that is 20,000 km or 60,000 km. I am only at 12,000 km.
thats my 2 cents

I would love to replace my '92 w250 Cummins with a Toyota. If Toyota comes out with a 1 ton diesel 4wd with a manual transmission, I would have to serriously consider it. Not that there's any thing wrong with the Cummins, still going strong after 250,000 miles on it, but the rest of the truck has seen better days. Tom

Got a chance to test drive the new Tundra with the 5.7 today. Pretty impressive, motor got a lot power and will definitely compete with the other trucks. Let the competition begins. :D

The Tundra is a sweet truck, I read a few months ago in FourWheeler or 4 Wheel & Off Road that Toyota was planning on building a 3/4 ton Tundra, anybody know anything about this. I'd buy a Tundra tomarrow if I could get one with a lever shifted T-case and a diesel, I know, wishful thinking.

in read in one of those magazines that the new tundras was like a 3/4 ton in a 1/2 body?

lunyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom