Tesla style headunit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michael, For google maps internet is needed. Do you need to create wi-fi hotspot from phone or it uses BT internet connection? Thanks

Does the back up camera work? I also wonder if it is compatible with the side and front cameras on my 2015

Considering most of us appreciate the over-engineering and reliability of our vehicles, this seems like a silly idea and in direct confliction with the 25 year minimum service life our Cruisers are heralded for. I can imagine these things glitching out after 18 months. My Aus spec Cruiser has no screens at all, just an old school Toyota headunit that looks like it's from 2004 even though my truck is a 2011 and I plan on keeping it that way. Although I miss the steering wheel volume controls of my old LX.

You sure that is the right link, that unit looks nothing like the one you installed. I think yours is the 16.1” size.

You are correct, I ordered the one in the link I included, and it has been replaced with this new model, they just have not updated the link yet.

Here is the link to my post on my install:

Tesla style 16" Android Radio install/information

Cheers,

Michael

I did not even check that yet (I never use it so forgot about it) I am guessing it will not work, I will check for sure. I can also say this unit does not have android auto or apple play, however it has a more generic app that work for those mobile phone functions.

Cheers,

Michael

@tlcruiserman Did you ever test this? Not that there is a DVD player. My main question is if you can save video to the hard drive and then play on the rear screen? Or maybe even use an external usb dvd rom to give you a source.
Are there usb plugs on the unit somewhere?

I can't speak to this specific device but with most of these units it seems you lose:
  • Rear DVD functionality
  • Rear audio controls
  • XM Radio
  • Front windshield de-icer
Personally I could live without XM. The windshield de-icer is really nice in Chicago but again I might live without it. Rear DVD is a dealbreaker though... I could live without a DVD drive if the head unit would run the Plex client (Plex Home Theater) and display on the rear screen, ideally with the rear remote still controlling it (but if not then including a separate remote that the kids sitting in the rear could use to scroll through movies and play/pause

Didn't want to create another thread for this, so I'm waking up this older thread. Here is another "tesla-style" HU for LX570:

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom