Tesla style head unit - has anyone seen this? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i suppose depends where you are in the states you got suppliers ive seen mentioned as we have in europe ,im a little hesitant about buying direct from china unless you can use paypal

Who is the best supplier?
I bought mine off AliExpress directly from the manufacturer. That has turned out to be a good thing so far, as I've been able to chat with an engineer about the issues I was having, and I was also able to arrange a replacement unit without jumping through many hoops.

The language barrier is real, but if you squint at the chat window long enough and tilt your head ever so slightly to the left like Nipper the RCA dog, you'll usually figure out what they're trying to tell you.

Why did you need a replacement unit
A few minutes after it turns on, I only get sound from the left front speaker and it stays that way until I turn the truck off and back on. The manufacturer doesn't know why it's happening, and wanted me to start testing individual wires on a video chat with a non-English speaking engineer at midnight in my back yard. That didn't feel like a productive use of my evening, so I told them I wanted to exchange the unit rather than spend hours trying to get this one working correctly.

The one I am sending back is the Quad Core unit with Android 6.0 and 2GB RAM, and it is slow and unimpressive. I sent them an extra $100 USD to get the Hex Core with Android 8.1 and 4GB RAM instead. The manufacturer told me that the newer unit is much better, and I'm hoping that is true.

So far, I feel like I'm dealing with an honest seller, and they're making a good effort to ensure that everything is satisfactory. Will post updates when I have a moment to install the new unit that arrived today from China. I'm in the process of moving and have work travel next week, so it will probably be a few days until I get a chance.

Hey guys. Need some help here. Purchased the PX6 version from AliExpress and received it a couple days ago (knowing the common issues that most have had and have been able to sort out).
Got it installed yesterday and was stoked to have climate control back for the first time in about 4 months! However, no volume/sound on any platform. Other minor issues like no rear climate control (would kick on sporadically for about five seconds at a time but couldn't adjust anything) and no backup camera which is an easy fix.
In an attempt to remedy the lack of sound, I followed @mistered123's instructions to splice together the various stereo and amp wires. Unfortunately, in my case, this did absolutely nothing. Still no sound whatsoever.

As a last resort, I did a factory reset thinking it might help. The complete opposite happened and I'm now left without climate control once again!

I'm pretty much done with this thing but it's the only viable option I've found thus far to get climate control back.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Hey guys. Need some help here. Purchased the PX6 version from AliExpress and received it a couple days ago (knowing the common issues that most have had and have been able to sort out).
Got it installed yesterday and was stoked to have climate control back for the first time in about 4 months! However, no volume/sound on any platform. Other minor issues like no rear climate control (would kick on sporadically for about five seconds at a time but couldn't adjust anything) and no backup camera which is an easy fix.
In an attempt to remedy the lack of sound, I followed @mistered123's instructions to splice together the various stereo and amp wires. Unfortunately, in my case, this did absolutely nothing. Still no sound whatsoever.

As a last resort, I did a factory reset thinking it might help. The complete opposite happened and I'm now left without climate control once again!

I'm pretty much done with this thing but it's the only viable option I've found thus far to get climate control back.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Have you gone into the Console to make sure that the factory amp isn't turned all the way down to 0? I'm not sure how the LC audio system is set up, but in the LX, the Mark Levinson amplifier can be controlled through that setting.

Have you gone into the Console to make sure that the factory amp isn't turned all the way down to 0? I'm not sure how the LC audio system is set up, but in the LX, the Mark Levinson amplifier can be controlled through that setting.
Ell Ex,
By console do you mean the head unit? Or is there a manual control somewhere in the vehicle? I've checked the amp itself and the are only wire connectors, no adjusters.

In the LX There is a "Console" icon in the top navigational bar that allows me to control the ML amp. (Be aware that the top row of icons has a second page that you have to scroll right or left to see.)

If you have the same setup, go to the Console, and then choose "Amp Info" and scroll down until you see "Cur Volume." Make sure it's set around 40.

IMG_20190914_191006.jpg

IMG_20190914_190902.jpg
IMG_20190914_190917.jpg

Last edited:
In the LX There is a "Console" icon in the top navigational bar that allows me to control the ML amp. (Be aware that the top row of icons has a second page that you have to scroll right or left to see.)

If you have the same setup, go to the Console, and then choose "Amp Info" and scroll down until you see "Cur Volume." Make sure it's set around 40.

View attachment 2083227

View attachment 2083225View attachment 2083226
Shoot. I was afraid you would say that. I've been to that screen a thousand times but for some reason I cannot make any adjustments. If I hit the buttons left or right they do nothing. Only thing I can adjust on that screen is P.SEL Status all the way at the bottom. Hoping I'm missing something really obvious here...

IMG_20190914_185711.jpg

Do you remember what the volume was set to when you disconnected the OEM radio? If it wasn't turned up to a normal listening level, you may need to reconnect it long enough to turn up the volume and then try again with the new one. If your volume was all the way down before you disconnected the OEM radio, it's possible that the amp isn't turning on because the last command it received was to go silent.

Do you remember what the volume was set to when you disconnected the OEM radio? If it wasn't turned up to a normal listening level, you may need to reconnect it long enough to turn up the volume and then try again with the new one. If your volume was all the way down before you disconnected the OEM radio, it's possible that the amp isn't turning on because the last command it received was to go silent.
In fact, now that I look at your screen again, your Amp Switch is set to Off. I'd bet a dime to a dollar that you'll be able to turn it back on with the factory head unit.

In fact, now that I look at your screen again, your Amp Switch is set to Off. I'd bet a dime to a dollar that you'll be able to turn it back on with the factory head unit.
How do I turn it on with the factory head unit? I plugged the factory one back in, turned on the radio set volume around 21 or so, shut car off, and transfered everything back over. After boot up still looks the same. Amp Switch Off and can't adjust. Can I turn the 'Amp Switch' on with the OEM unit like I can with the aftermarket one? Will give it a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom